67' Cuda parking brake question

-

Renegade

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me if this is the correct main parking brake cable? I just installed a new left rear parking brake cable and now it seems that my parking brake is on, but it is not, and I cannot get my drum over the shoes. The main parking brake cable adjusting screw is all the way out (see photo) and was wondering if someone knew how long the adjusting screw should be... There is only 2" of adjusting threads on the main cable....

67' Barracuda 8 3/4 rear with 10" brakes... thanks guys.

000_0183.jpg

Mine`s run down about halfway. You`ll probably have to lube the threads well and hold it tight on the front so it doesn`t rotate the cable when tightening. In addition, make sure your rear brakes are adjusted correctly.

Yeah the self adjusting screw is all the way tight to get the drum on. Do you know how long your parking brake adjusting screw is?

Yeah the self adjusting screw is all the way tight to get the drum on. Do you know how long your parking brake adjusting screw is?

I don`t but I can measure it tomorrow and post the result. Make sure your shoes are seated against the top center pin and the cable is entirely seated in the stops.

Yeah the shoes are not seating good on the top pin, thats why it feels like the e-brake is on. I sent you a pm also...

Josh ,here`s photos of the rear brakes on my Dart. These may help some. Make sure the primary shoe is in the front, the secondary shoe in the rear, and that the springs are strong and correctly connected. Some later kits (69 up will have a different lower spring) so make sure that you have the proper spring there as well. Another thing to check is that the E-brake cable is completely threaded through the backing plate.

IM000384%20%28Small%29.JPG

IM000385%20%28Small%29.JPG

It looks like your adjuster bolt has been cut off by a couple of inches at least. You may be able to compensate by using a later model dual cable adapter. Anyone have a pic to show what I mean? I think they are deeper.

It looks like your adjuster bolt has been cut off by a couple of inches at least. You may be able to compensate by using a later model dual cable adapter. Anyone have a pic to show what I mean? I think they are deeper.

I`m thinking that too, usually longer with a studded end.

Cool, thats what i was thinking to do also, just "lengthen" the equilizer....

THANKS for replies!

-
Back