67 cuda with 68 trim question

-

Relax360

Reaction score
OK I have a 67 cuda that didn't come with the front or back windshield trim. So I got my hands on a full set of 68 trim from a FABO member. Hopefully it comes in the mail today. I plan to order the 68 style rubber and clips.

Anyone who has done this conversion before tell me the correct type of clips to buy? Can I reuse my 67 glass? I have seen a few threads but just wanted to ask.

OK I have a 67 cuda that didn't come with the front or back windshield trim. So I got my hands on a full set of 68 trim from a FABO member. Hopefully it comes in the mail today. I plan to order the 68 style rubber and clips.

Anyone who has done this conversion before tell me the correct type of clips to buy? Can I reuse my 67 glass? I have seen a few threads but just wanted to ask.

That's exactly what I did on mine. Can't remember where my clips
came from. I have an invoice from Legendary Interiors for part no.
WG68CBF-CLIP for $47.00........that's probably it

The front and rear window gaskets came from Year One
Front was WCRD690 for $79.00
Rear was WCRDB3847 for $100.00

These prices were from 3-26-2007

Here is a diagram for drilling the holes for the clips. These were supplied
by a FABO member a couple of years back

FrontWindowClips_Medium_.jpg

RearWindowClips_Medium_.jpg

Here's the trim after mounting:

DSCF2333_Medium_.jpg

DSCF2328_Medium_.jpg

Hopes this helps

Thanks for the info Tony. Great info i just need to fig out the rear window spacing for a notchback.

I just finished getting the glass in my 67 Fastback using 68 gaskets/moulding. I got the clips from Rocket Restorations and the gaskets from Steele Rubber products.

When I went with new front and rear windows, stock 1967
items were ordered. They worked just fine with the 68/69
rubbers and trim.

-
Back