67 Dart BOOSTED

-
And Subscribed! I'm curious as well... So we've got a a Supra engine in a Scamp in the Turbo section, now what do we have here?

Subscribed. Sadly a few of the people that seemed interested at the beginning I guarantee will bow out. The hell with em. Keep on truckin bro!

It looks all mopar to me, Neon srt4 engine right? Back when they were new, I said that's what should have been done from the factory, they are good engines, but they are in flimsy front wheel drive chassis, with crazy sloppy engine mounts.

Those 2.4 can be made to run. There was an srt 4 neon around here that made over 500 to the wheels. To bad is wasn't all wheel drive to put the power down like evo/sti. What turbo are you planning on running?

Its a 2005 2.4L srt-4 engine mated to a 904 trans. Im planning on using a precision 6466 twin scroll .81 a/r. (hence the 4200 stall) Should make a real good runner.

Here are a few videos of cars with similar set ups.
As stated this car has gone 8.80s at 150 since
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hreTfjYMPA0"]9 Second SRT-4 Colt drag race, srt4 powered Colt Tony Apuzzo Jr 9.27 @ 145.3 Import Face Off NED - YouTube[/ame]

this car went 9.80s by the end of the summer
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_36-uf3LRFc&list=PLidQQZkP59tcdcxcGn3SgrL0mzbI9LVKQ&index=13"]10 06 - YouTube[/ame]

Hoping to keep up with the red one.

32psi 2580lbs with driver 26x8.5 AUTOMATIC

1.28 60ft

539164_10201460558227467_745414400_n_zpsb557b3a6.jpg

I'm keeping my eye on this one. Don't know a lick about forced induction, but I love stuff that's different. Good for you! Can't wait to see the progress!

My buddy and I just scored a wrecked SRT 4 and we are going to take the entire drivetrain out and put it in his Joyner. For those of you not familiar with a Joyner it's like a RZR with a 3 cylinder EFI with a 4 speed. So we are going from 53hp to 250! Ummmm I'm thinkin it might pull wheelies, what you think? Lol! Look up joyners they are way cool and are right between a sand rail and UTV. Their biggest problem is they are underpowered but I think we can solve that in a big way.

Precision 6466 is big, I thought my gt35r was big on my sti. I put a little over 500 to the wheels with a 35r. That dart should fly if everything goes right.

Precision 6466 is big, I thought my gt35r was big on my sti. I put a little over 500 to the wheels with a 35r. That dart should fly if everything goes right.

A friend of mine put 908AWHP in his evo last summer with a 6466. They are a great turbo with minimal spool time. He was at full boost by 4300, so with a larger displacement engine I hope I can make full by 4-4100. Should make a fun launch with lots of useable top end!

ok got some more work done. Engine mounts finished this weekend and engine officially mounted into the dart! I just a stock 4 speed trans cross member and fabbed the front ones from scratch after cutting the K frame up. (still need to finish that)

Geeze, you've got so much room in there, you might as well put 4 turbos in there. One for each exhaust port. Lol.

Geeze, you've got so much room in there, you might as well put 4 turbos in there. One for each exhaust port. Lol.

haha, you think theres a lot of room until you start adding stuff. Remember I have a turbo the size of a basketball I need to find room for! As well as lots of piping!

haha, you think theres a lot of room until you start adding stuff. Remember I have a turbo the size of a basketball I need to find room for! As well as lots of piping!

I'm sure you'll be able to make a similar amount of power with 4 turbos. It would definitely have a bigger "WOW Factor" too. Not that you need it. Lol. :D

You definitely have a cool project and just validated the thought in my mind of doing something different with my 68 Dart. :prayer:

As the previous owner of a few SRT-4s and the current owner of a '69 Dart, I'm digging this.

I'm really digging this build, just found it and subscribed! Is the bell housing the same as a 2.5? I saw you were using a 904 and wondered if it was out of a Dakota. I've been contemplating (dreaming) of a turbo 4 in my basket case 59 fury for a landspeed car, and should start collecting parts now! I love the new injected engines in old bodies, I should probably finish my dart first...

-
Back