67 Dart GT Convertible

-

Creeden

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, new here, just purchased my 67 Dart GT Convertible - numbers matching engine and tranny, with fender tag, 273, auto, console, factory air, bucket seats, Red exterior, white interior and top, mostly complete.

Items missing are the chrome moulding pieces on front fenders, rocker trim, turn indicators on fenders, GT grill, fender emblems, gas cap, radiator, and radiator support. I have not found a build sheet yet but have not looked in all areas. Car is rough in some areas but not bad for being 45 years old. Looking forward to starting the restore with my boys.

Sorry about that pics folks, here we go.

At some point in its life it had a wreck and a 69 Swinger front clip put on (or so I am told). I am glad they had the insite to put the fender tag on the new clip.

Here are the pics of my find. Enjoy!

Attachments

• 67 Dart GT_1.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 222
  • 67 Dart GT_2.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 203
  • 67 Dart GT_3.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 202
  • 67 Dart GT_4.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 208
  • 67 Dart GT_5.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 214
  • 67 Dart GT_6.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 217
  • 67 Dart GT_7.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 212
  • 67 Dart GT_8_ft.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 237
You'll have some good "Before" pictures to go with your "After" pictures. Can't wait to see those too.

Might be easier to just remove the door & quarter trim, you will need the mounting clips for front fenders also.

I removed all my 67 side trim and installed 69 style bullet shaped turn signal markers.

Will be a good looking car if done back red with white top & interior

Seems I seen some 67 trim for sale here recently, it will be the same for a hardtop.

If you have a 69 radiator support the headlight buckets might need some work to fit, not 100% positive but have been told the 67 buckets are somewhat different than 68/69 in the mounting

Good luck, take a lot of pictures taking it apart and going back together, they will be very helpful. And when you don't have what you need lots of people here will try and help out.

my 67 less trim

View attachment lowfront.jpg

View attachment lowrear.jpg

View attachment lowside.jpg

Thank you WildCat, good point on the trim. You have a beautiful car! I do plan on restoring it to the same factory colors along with the same engine. Of course I plan on adding a liitle bit of performance with a cam and 4 barrel carb.

What worries me is the post I read on the restore cost, I guess it depends on the end product you want to have.

Have fun and take pride in doing it right!

-
Back