67 dart GT

-

Bubba440

Reaction score
Greetings,After not being very active about my mopar (sitting in garage collecting dust) What do I do but buy another one to keep it company.I just bought a 67 dart GT.The body is super solid but some dummy didn't respect it very well as there are dents and dings all over it.It was originally a slant 6 but someone put a 318 in place. Well the 318 is coming out and a 440 is going in.But the interior is very shabby seat wiseso I am in the process of pulling it out.
Which brings me to my first question of I can't get the know off the automatic shifter to remove the console Does anyone have any input?Thanks in advance
Bubba440

Greetings,After not being very active about my mopar (sitting in garage collecting dust) What do I do but buy another one to keep it company.I just bought a 67 dart GT.The body is super solid but some dummy didn't respect it very well as there are dents and dings all over it.It was originally a slant 6 but someone put a 318 in place. Well the 318 is coming out and a 440 is going in.But the interior is very shabby seat wiseso I am in the process of pulling it out.
Which brings me to my first question of I can't get the know off the automatic shifter to remove the console Does anyone have any input?Thanks in advance
Bubba440

Look for little Allen-head setscrew on the side of the knob. Loosen (or remove) that set screw, then twist the bezel counter-clockwise , and the knob and bezel screw right off. Be careful near the end as there is spring under the knob to keep it up, and the knob will take off in a hurry directly for your face!...Ask me how I know!

Good luck.

Attachments

• Mopar Console Shift Knob.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 157
There you go! One out of one.
One question = one prompt answer.
How about some pics for us?
Welcome to the site
Gary

Thank,s for the info ended up pulling the shifter w the console before I got your response I removed the set screw but couldn't get anything to give and didn't want to break anything.Went back and tried again and it came off.pictures coming.Also I am looking for trunk trim molding for same cat 67 dart GT, what I have is badly mangled
Thank's again
Bubba440

Welcome to FABO Bubba440!

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

Like to see some pictures of your car - We love pictures!

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• Shop Passenger Side View.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 112
-
Back