67 Dart GTS 383/727 (Rhinodart's Maroon car)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

furious70

Big Motor in a little car
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
67 Dart GTS 383/727 (Rhinodart's Maroon car) #25 on the registry. Many of you know the car I'm sure, a real 67 GTS 383 car. Runs and drives, but needs a total restoration to be shown. Would not need much work to be a fun driver. Engine has been detailed with correct manifolds and inner fenders have been put back in the car. Has a carter competition series carb. Car is located in eastern Iowa, could be delivered almost anywhere for agreed to fee. I have a bunch of pics, but here's a couple.
$10,000 obo, interested in trades as well, especially for clean b bodies. Extra points for solid rollers that just need a drivetrain or for small block/ slant 6 cars.
[email protected]
3517h3b.jpg

20sxfm0.jpg

fp0c5c.jpg

Any rust issues? That car looks fantastic from here, and it is priced VERY well. If it was local to CT, I would be all over it.

George

Do the engine and the trans #'s match? Do you know what ratio the gear is? Is it a sure grip?

there is some rust, mostly at the bubbling point right now, not holes. Trunk floor has a split in the tire well. Underneath it's solid.
I have more detailed pics that can be emailed to those who are serious. The one body pic posted is the one with the most curb appeal of course. 8)

The engine and tranny are as they came from Rhinehart, just detailed. There'd be no vin, only a casting/build date to go on in a 67.

I'll have to check on the fender tag. It does have a goofy Wisconsin vin tag as well with the original VIN plus WI I think. The original vin tag for the door jam was lost during a repaint sometime. So the paper trail is not as perfect as could be, but it is a legit car that's been through Dart expert hands with Rhinehart.

Don't know about the gears, would need to jack it up to check.

We traded for it and then sold and then got back. Would rather be in a b body as we have more parts and knowledge with them, so just looking to find something interesting to move to or cash out of it. For Dart fans, it's a great way to get into GTS ownership at a level you could feel comfortable actually driving the car I'd think.

Thats a beautiful car Furious, and a very fair price. It should go well for you.

Yep, I owned the car for almost 10 years, got silly and sold off a few of my big block Darts. It was missing the fenderwells as well as the fender tag and broadcast sheet when I bought it. The interior was also missing so I bought a parts car and put the interior back together. I found the exhaust manifolds, radiator, and air cleaner. The fenderwells were used but rust free. The quarters were replaced with repops before I got the car. It was originally sunfire yellow with black top and interior as far as I could tell. The original doors and fenders are on the car, I got a hood and replaced the fiberglass hood that was on it. I wish I had the scratch to get it back, as it is a rare car and a good runner! The VIN tag was lost before I got it because it was painted inside and out with Maroon, so the previous owner had to get a Wisconsin VIN tag and it was checked-out thoroughly by the Wisconsin State Police, and the title was traceable back to the second owner if I recall correctly. I really wish someone would buy the car and finish the resto, it deserves it! Anyone with any question can email me at [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back