67 dart paint codes

-

40 willies

Reaction score
Hello every one and thanks for the worm welcome. I have saved a 67 convertible dart gt it has no fender tag on it but I would like to find out the original paint code. Dose any one know how to find that out? Thank you

It will be on the build sheet if you have that...

Welcome to FABO :cheers:

Hello every one and thanks for the worm welcome. I have saved a 67 convertible dart gt it has no fender tag on it but I would like to find out the original paint code. Dose any one know how to find that out? Thank you

Does the car still wear its original paint? If not, find a spot where it is (under carpets, under trim or w/s rubber, etc.) and post a few pics. We may be able to tell you.

there is no fender tag no build sheet and no door tag the car was recently painted all the way around inside and out. the car is victim of a storage unit rebuild half of the car was in one storage unit the rest I now have. the car, engine, transmission, and a few misc. parts are all I have there was no suspension under it at the time I picked it up. I have since put large bolt pattern front and rear with disk up front. the engine and trans are in it and recently fired it up . I was told by the impound company I bought it from that the storage unit with the rest of the car was still being paid for and would not give me the name of the person or storage unit. Near as I can tell on 67 the only way to get any info on this year is to hope the historical society has the film on it still which I have recently ordered hopefully they have it I will keep you informed to the outcome. thank you every one for your help if I am missing anything please let me know I always like to learn more.

Here are a couple pictures of the car.

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 182
  • 025.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 168
thanks for all the help like I was saying earlier the car was completely stripped and painted all the way around inside and out having a hard time finding anything not covered in bronze metallic. The outside of the car when I got it was yellow primer and I had that painted so it would not draw moisture. the panels and center consul have burgundy paint on them but I think that was from a previous repaint flakes off pretty easy. I recently took the steering wheel wrap off and cleaned it looks like this could be a bronze metallic car would be nice to know for sure.

if that is the factory color it is turbine bronze. Code MM1. You can order the IBM build card from Chrysler Historical http://30079.bbnc.bbcust.com/page.aspx?pid=501 for 67 and earlier cars for $45. I would think a 'vert dart would be worth of that expense. From the build card you can get all the information you need and also the information to get a replacement fender tag made. They are around 175 from http://www.datatags.com/.

But here is the 67 color chart
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/paintChipCharts/_1967PaintChipCharts-01.shtml?load_img=3

Thanks again for all the good ideas I have recently sent off for the build card I will see what happens. also thanks for telling me about the fender tag I did not think I could replace that. I will be ordering one of those as soon as I get the build sheet. As soon as I find out what exactly it is I will post it. thanks again for all the help I really appreciate it.

-
Back