67 Dart production number question

-

d55dave

Reaction score
I have been searching, watching the local classifieds for years in hopes of finding a car, here is a little history.

In 1967 my Dad wanted to buy a new Barracuda, but they were (according to the story) a little more expensive than Darts and out of his price range, so instead he bought a 1967 Dart GT, 273 4 barrel 4 speed in the bronze color. The story goes that it was a special order car, but that the original purchaser for some reason could not complete the deal, so my father bought the car at a discounted price. Dad bought it in Toronto, and shortly thereafter drove it to Vancouver when we moved there in 1969 or 1970. I was born in 68 and rode home from the hospital in the car, there are some old family pics of my older brother and myself in the car.

Dad had the car for several years and ended up selling when we lived in a suburb of Vancouver to a kid down the street. I remember the car sitting in the kids front yard with no engine in the mid 70's. Apparently he was going to put in a larger engine. That is where the trail dried up and we lost track of it. I often wondered what became of it, but always felt like it would turn up again. It is the car that no doubt instilled the mopar addiction into my older brother and myself.

Yesterday I located a car for sale as a restoration project. It has been owned for years by the same individual, is a 67 GT, originally bronze and presently has a 340 in place of its original 273. I am awaiting more correspondence and pictures. There are some things about dads car that are unique and will be a dead giveaway if this is it.

My question is this - are there production numbers for 67 Darts broken down into options and colors? What is the rarity of a 67 Dart GT 273 4 speed in bronze?

I will keep you all posted, if this is actually the car I may have to buy it.....

Nice story I hope it is your dad's car! You wont be able to find the numbers broken down to anything but Car, type, trans.

I did find this information.
1967 Dart GT V8 21,600
67 GT V8 Convertible 1,626
67 GTS 383 4-speed: 229
67 GTS 383 Auto Trans: 228

The MM1 turbine bronze color in 67 is not common. None of this probably helps you out much though.

Thanks Rocky.

The present owner has had it since 1974 which fits. I am waiting more information and pictures. It will be a couple of weeks before I will get the chance to see it in person.

I will have to ask mom to dig out some of the old pictures.

Well, it turns out that it is not my fathers car. It is optioned the same, but is from Eastern Canada and the owner (since 1974!) knows the cars full history.

Guess that I strike out!

If any members were around Vancouver or Richmond BC in the 70's and 80's and remember any 67 Dart GT's that match the description let me know!

1967 Dart GT 'Hardtop' ~ 273/235 HP 'Charger 273' ~ 4-Speed

Production ......... 871

There were '23' Exterior Colors available.

Bronze {Code MM-1} was popular with the Black vinyl-top, as this color and option was common.

This exterior color was probably on close to '100' of the Dart GT 'Hardtops' ~ 273/235 HP ~ 4-Speed

I can try to contact my Dart 'expert' on closer numbers.

-
Back