67 dart rear leaf springs help

-

jasonmrenda

Reaction score
hello again everyone
well i was looking at the rear suspension setup the other day after i ordered my shocks. i noticed that the rear leafs are looking more like a sine wave than a nice semi-elliptical shape. not a good thing i'd imagine.

so i am on the hunt for some new leaf springs. jc whitney has some but according to their literature, they are not for a 67 dart. but someone told me all darts/valiants a-bodies used the same leafs? their springs are $125 per side and free shipping. also found some on ebay for 189 plus shipping so roughly the same cost total.

now a really dumb question: i have a skeleton of a 53 dodge pilothouse pickup that i replaced the shackles and bushings on and the leaf springs on that are all good. i know it's a long shot but would any of those parts - leafs, shackles, u bolts, or bushings - retrofit to the 67 dart gt?

thanks again for the help.

Not a dumb question. Why spend hard earned $s when you don't have to? The 7¼ axle has a 2.75" tube, the others have a 3". If the truck does not match this, the u-bolts, and shock plates will not work. Many recommend that u-bolts not be re-used anyway. Not sure if spring perch on axle is compatible.

Mopar springs a-body springs are 2½" wide and 55" long, 20" front segment. 35" rear segment (same as 62-63 B-body). Compare this with the truck.

Now for my dumb question. Do you want your car to ride like a ...truck... in the rear and a car in front? (Understeer, too)

try espo thier springs are great and fairly priced. i put them in 4 cars.

I just got a brand new set for my '65 Barracuda from McVeigh Truck Springs out of Michigan, found a link on FABO, they are on ebay. Brand new with shackles & ubolts to my door for $270, here in less than a week. Putting them on this weekend.

I've got a 67 with the same problem and I haven't got replacements yet either. I think I remember reading somewhere that the bushings at the end of the springs were a different size for 67 but I could be wrong. You might want to measure the inside and outside diameters of the bushings to see if the replacements are the same.

-
Back