'67 Dart sedan project

-

patrick66

I like Dart GTS 440s!
Reaction score
At least, I'm seriously considering it! Found a titled '67 Dart two-door sedan with very few options - 225/3-speed column shift, heater, radio - and that is all! Dark green with tan bench seat. Been parked for nearly 20 years. Everything is there and in pretty good shape, considering. I'm not sure about the floors, though. It's been outside under a bunch of scrub oak trees, sitting on dirt. Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, too!

Anyway, if this turns out to be a good overall car with minimal rust issues, I'm going to buy it and do something with it. By "something", I want to build a hot rod out of it. Originality is of zero concern. I have a couple of engine options - a 440/727, or a 5.7L/auto o/d - so cutting floors, inner fenders and such is not going to be an issue. I really don't want to keep the Six K-frame, and a BB "K" is waaay too much money for what I have in mind. I've looked at some of the discussions concerning IFS aftermarket kits; and they, too, are a LOT of money that can be spent more effectively.

For the rear, I was considering super stock springs with a Ford 8.8" disc brake rear, or possibly a new Charger rear from a salvage yard, assuming I can find one with the right width.

The interior is going to be either the stock bench, or perhaps a pair of racing buckets. I really don't want the expense of a full interior, or a roll cage, if I can avoid it.

So, here is what I have so far. Any ideas? I have not built an "A"-body since 1989, and I know there have been a LOT of changes in the ways these are built for the street/strip that make a street/strip car built in '89 primitive by comparison.

I'm all ears! What'cha think?

-
Back