67 dart windshield trim/seal?

-
Oh you're just saying that to make me feel good.
It still don't make a lick of sense to me!!!

If you need any help in locating parts let me know. I spent alot of time lerning and researching to help insurance company replace our 67 glass.

The way I see, you got 2 choices.
#1: Use 67 style, same old cleaned up gasket (takes me about 6 hours each to clean), chrome lockstrip from Stephens Mopar (If you find anywhere else let me know!) Bout $225 or so, 4 corner pieces $16.95 each x 4! You can really screw up lockstrip installing these if your not careful. I wouldn't even let the glass shop install those. I did them myself!!

#2: 68 & up style, new gasket (self locking zipper type), 1 set front glass reveil moldings. My buddie "Yard Dawg" has these in stock for $100.00 a set.
Approx 18 clips 1/2" tall.:read2: Can be had at NAPA.
yard dawg has both the gasket and a set of front glass reveil moldings for 100? thanks alot. you're right though, it doesn't make 100% sense to me yet. but you've definitely been a GREAT help so far!

yard dawg has both the gasket and a set of front glass reveil moldings for 100? thanks alot. you're right though, it doesn't make 100% sense to me yet. but you've definitely been a GREAT help so far!
Gasket no, Trim moldings yes!
If your going with the 67 style, I've got an extra 4 door gasket for sale but you should try to save yours.
New 68 style gasket should be easier to find for 2 door.
PM sent with all info and phone numbers on suppliers!
:read2:

Oh forgot you have 2 door no post, everybody and their brother should have your gasket. Shop around with the numbers I sent you. Most of them should have your new gasket. Just tell them the style you want.

Gasket no, Trim moldings yes!
If your going with the 67 style, I've got an extra 4 door gasket for sale but you should try to save yours.
New 68 style gasket should be easier to find for 2 door.
PM sent with all info and phone numbers on suppliers!
:read2:

Oh forgot you have 2 door no post, everybody and their brother should have your gasket. Shop around with the numbers I sent you. Most of them should have your new gasket. Just tell them the style you want.

and the style is the zipper style for a '68 right? or what exactly is the style called?

and the style is the zipper style for a '68 right? or what exactly is the style called?

If you decide to go with 68 & up, just ask for that year gasket. It will come as self locking zipper style, and always be sure to ask for description before purchase. Also remember 68 & up will be METAL moldings with clips.

If you decide to go with 68 & up, just ask for that year gasket. It will come as self locking zipper style, and always be sure to ask for description before purchase. Also remember 68 & up will be METAL moldings with clips.

alright gonna keep dong my research and figure out what exactly i'm going to need to weld in..

i'm a novice MIG welder, in your opinion how hard do you think it will be to weld in those clips?

also, please keep an eye out for the trim moldings! i am almost sure thats the route that i'll end up going, because i'm on a budget. I'm not looking for show quality moldings..as long as they look decent. Thanks

EDIT: THE REVEAL MOLDINGS ARE ALSO KNOWN AS TRIM MOULDINGS RIGHT? THATS THE SAME PART.?

I got it to pull up.
$99.00 right?
Guess Yard Dawg aint too high on pricing those!8)

oh. i feel like an idiot. i just didn't scroll down enough to see it. and yah 99 or 100 doesn't sound too high at all. especially when its a necessary piece..

alright gonna keep dong my research and figure out what exactly i'm going to need to weld in..

i'm a novice MIG welder, in your opinion how hard do you think it will be to weld in those clips?
I just started welding and I don't think I could do it. I'm sure it would be a quick spot but....
The stock ones are screwed in on the front windshield. They usually have pins around the back glass. They do this so you can replace them without removing glass, but i'm tellin ya that would be hard to do with the new repop clips. They are not set up to just push in slide over, like the stock clips. You have to snap them on a pin in back or on front you have to run a screw through them. I have never welded them or seen someone do that. Someone on the site surely has though, I would think.

also, please keep an eye out for the trim moldings! i am almost sure thats the route that i'll end up going, because i'm on a budget. I'm not looking for show quality moldings..as long as they look decent. Thanks
We should have em. When your ready to purchase them, just PM me!

EDIT: THE REVEAL MOLDINGS ARE ALSO KNOWN AS TRIM MOULDINGS RIGHT? THATS THE SAME PART.?
YES, tomato, tamoto, catsup, ketchup! LOL!!

Oh!, By the way someone on one of these windshield threads posted a file pic of a diagram on exactly where to drill for clips. Wish I could remember... I'll search it up........

My 66 net the clips screw in. this wont work on darts?
Yes it will, but there are no holes, posts, or screws on a 67 front windshield fence.
They use lockstrip inside the gasket, not metal moldings using clips to hold the molding on the surface of the gasket.
Will need to weld or drill & screw clips on a 67 front glass with a 68 or above gasket and moldings.8)

Yep,Mike has them. Thank you very much.

Oh MY! Hey Big Slim,
Did you buy one from him?
We got BOF's (67 Dart) windshield from him. He was the only place I could find 67 4 door glass!! Very nice guy. Love our windshield!

Good Luck Big SLim!

Fred's Medina, (Is that like "funkey cold Tone Loc?)
Hope I helped. Might not check this thread again. PM me whenever you want your moldings. Daily drivers, shiny, no dents.
Thanks John.

Fred's Medina, (Is that like "funkey cold Tone Loc?)
Hope I helped. Might not check this thread again. PM me whenever you want your moldings. Daily drivers, shiny, no dents.
Thanks John.

Medina is my last name. and yah its just like the ton loc song! lol. i get that one all the time. Fred is my first name and S is my middle initial...

i'll PM you whenever i need something thanks!!

Hey Fred I had the same issue looking for lockstrip for my 67, and I found this NOS set on Ebay. The guy still has one set left...here is the link. you would just need to get the 4 corners.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967...rcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5d21e4f15f

thank you! did you recieve yours yet? just want to be sure this is what i will be needing. and i haven't looked at this stuff in a while, so I forget, what all will I need if i'm going to be removing the winshield? i'll need this lockstrip(which means i still keep my '67 gasket right?), and then the corner pieces? is that it?

thank you! did you recieve yours yet? just want to be sure this is what i will be needing. and i haven't looked at this stuff in a while, so I forget, what all will I need if i'm going to be removing the winshield? i'll need this lockstrip(which means i still keep my '67 gasket right?), and then the corner pieces? is that it?

Hey dude!
Found the corners!
Here's the link.
Your piece is shipping tomarrow!
See YA!8)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/67-6...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Hey Fred Yes you would keep the 67 gasket and fit it into the channel. Do it in the warm sun outside after the gasket has become soft. It is easier to get the channel in that way. Then the corners basically just silicone to the trim and the gasket. The picture you see is my new trim installed last summer. It really is the finishing touch to the 67 Darts front window. The pieces come already cut into 4 peices you just have to trim them to size. Worked great for me. Sorry the pic is far away, but the Dart is in storage now until the snow is gone.

DSC02385b.jpg

DSC02386b.jpg

Awesome ! Thanks. I'm just getting more and more excited about finally putting my dart back together.! I've got another great fabo member trying to remember where he got his corner pieces from. Wold u happen to remember where u got yours from? Thanks again. Awesome looking dart by the way!

Awesome ! Thanks. I'm just getting more and more excited about finally putting my dart back together.! I've got another great fabo member trying to remember where he got his corner pieces from. Wold u happen to remember where u got yours from? Thanks again. Awesome looking dart by the way!

Here's where your corners are!!
Here's the link to ebay!

Your sample bit of trim is going in the mail today!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/67-6...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

5.jpg

thanks for the sample! and thanks for that link. will be ordering that tonight! is this the same seller that you ordered your coener pieces from? its 18.99 each right?

Not sure if same vendor or not. I first saw them pop up on Ebay last march, they hit the ground at 24.95 each! When I got mine I ordered at 21.95 and by the time I received they were $19.00. I've seen them as low as $17.50. At one time there were 3 different auctions and you could choose your price.
I found by searching Dodge Dart, then sorted from cheapest to most expensive an started looking at $10.00 and this was the first I found. I have not been able to locate my receipt of my corners yet for exact vendor so I went and searched for ya!!
I put your trim piece in the mail today! Should be there in 4-7 days? sent 1st class.
Good Luck!8)
Be carefull when install, really tricky and you can booger up the trim if not careful.

-
Back