67 DartGT front fender turn signal question?

-

67DartGT340

Reaction score
Once the chrome front fender turn signals on a 67 Dart GT stop working, can they be fixed? Is it a bulb inside, because the amber lens with the light seems like a one piece solid to to me. Does anyone have any knowledge on this? Or do I just need to find a replacement all together? I know it is not a wire issue.

From the ones I have they look like they could be taken apart. If it was put together it can come apart :). And all you need is power and a ground to get the bulb to work.

From the ones I have they look like they could be taken apart. If it was put together it can come apart :). And all you need is power and a ground to get the bulb to work.

It is taking it apart that is the hard part. It is a weird set up that looks like it can break if pulled on too hard. It does not work at all, because the one I replaced it with works fine. I need to see if there is a bulb that needs to be replaced or if it is a wire. I am looking to see if anyone has ever pulled one apart. I do not want to guess and wreck it. I tend to break things when I start pulling on them.

I hear ya man. I will take one apart this week sometime when I get a chance and let you know what I find out.

I hear ya man. I will take one apart this week sometime when I get a chance and let you know what I find out.

Thanks bud, but I got it apart. Soaked the damn thing in vinegar and it finally came out. It is a bulb inside the bullet type casing, My bulb basically disintegrated at the base, the light itself still seems fine with the wires inside, but the inside of the base was corroded, I guess 43 years will do that. Soaked the base cleaned it out and have it ready for a new bulb. Of course the amber lens broke at the base during the pulling. Nothing some crazy glue won't fix though. JUst want both my fender signals working and I think I am close to success.

Ah, too late for me then.. here are some pictures.. mine actually came apart easily.

IMGP1092_resize.jpg

IMGP1093_resize.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to pull that light to show me bud, I appreciate it. Yours is still in good shape. Mine is not too bad, but the bottom of the light was gone, basically dust from corrosion. Now I need to locate some bulbs and see if the set up still works.

No problem, a long time ago I was trying to find a bulb socket for a b-body console I had in my Pllymouth. I took the console part up to my local Napa and they had a nice book with some sockets in it. I found one that was "universal"... It had several fingers on it that you could squeeze in a bit to fit almost any round hole. It's worth a shot to take a look. Then all you would have to do is solder up some wires.

No problem, a long time ago I was trying to find a bulb socket for a b-body console I had in my Pllymouth. I took the console part up to my local Napa and they had a nice book with some sockets in it. I found one that was "universal"... It had several fingers on it that you could squeeze in a bit to fit almost any round hole. It's worth a shot to take a look. Then all you would have to do is solder up some wires.

Hard part now is finding the bulbs! Should have grabbed a box off Ebay that was for sale a few weeks ago. I have a few leads, a fellow mopar member is supposed to bring me one to the show today.

Grab some extra's! haha... On another note.. NO mine didn't work either when I held them to a battery last night.:angry7:

Grab some extra's! haha... On another note.. NO mine didn't work either when I held them to a battery last night.:angry7:

The one I just bought I tried the battery test and nothing so I was a little concerned, but when I plugged it in it did work. You may want to test it that way, but chances are the bulb is dead but you never know! When I get my hands on some bulbs I will let you know.

Once you have the bulb socket cleaned up, try using some dielectric compound. It's good at keeping water out of the connection and prevents corrosion.

-
Back