67 Dodge Dart GT Convert

-

agroman

Reaction score
I am new to the Mopar club.. I just baught a 67 Dart GT Cnvt. I am learning, and I have an issue with my Passenger side brake light. The turn signal works, but the brake light has no power. The drivers side turn signal and brake lights work well. I replaced the bulb. Any thoughts? Is it a fuse?
progress.gif

Try running a test wire form the negative cable on the battery to the light socket housing. If the light works add a ground wire, and clean where the light socket touches with sand paper, or replace the socket. good luck

I am new to the Mopar club.. I just baught a 67 Dart GT Cnvt. I am learning, and I have an issue with my Passenger side brake light. The turn signal works, but the brake light has no power. The drivers side turn signal and brake lights work well. I replaced the bulb. Any thoughts? Is it a fuse?
progress.gif

If your other brake light works then the fuse for the brake lights is fine.
If the turn signal works then the wiring and socket are ok as they use the same wire from the turn signal switch.
The problem is most likely in the turn signal switch itself.

If your other brake light works then the fuse for the brake lights is fine.
If the turn signal works then the wiring and socket are ok as they use the same wire from the turn signal switch.
The problem is most likely in the turn signal switch itself.

Would the prob be in the turn signal?? His signal works but brake light doesnt. Im thinking that it is in the bulb socket, but have been wrong many times before. Get someone to step on the brakes, grab a test light and start messing with the socket.

Would the prob be in the turn signal?? His signal works but brake light doesnt. Im thinking that it is in the bulb socket, but have been wrong many times before. Get someone to step on the brakes, grab a test light and start messing with the socket.

I'm pretty sure the problem will be with the switch although the grounding of the socket should be verified by running a temporary wire from the socket to a bare metal part which is solidly attatched to the car body.

The brake and turn signal circuit use the same wire from the turn signal switch back to the contact in the bulb socket for each side of the car.The power for the brake lights goes through the turn signal switch after the brake pedal switch so the light will still flash when the brakes and turn signal are both on at the same time.

If the turn signal works,it means the wiring,the socket,and the contact in the socket are ok but there's no power for the brake light coming from the turn signal switch which usually means a bad contact inside the switch.

I just went through that with my 70 Roadrunner and ended up having to replace the switch which fixed the problem.

OK, I have a new switch. I hope this will fix. You were right the socket, wires, all ok, lets see if it is the switch.

Thanks so much,

-
Back