67 Dodge Dart Gt

-

shovel55

Reaction score
I have a 273 in my dart thats locked up and wanna put a 318 from a 70 Dodge Motor Home in it that has 69K and runs good.I am not a mopar guy but looks as thou the water pump sits higher on the motor home motor will I have to change that and the timeing cover housing and what else will I have to change for it to work.I also got the trans with it will that work also.
Thanks Olin

I have a 273 in my dart thats locked up and wanna put a 318 from a 70 Dodge Motor Home in it that has 69K and runs good.I am not a mopar guy but looks as thou the water pump sits higher on the motor home motor will I have to change that and the timeing cover housing and what else will I have to change for it to work.I also got the trans with it will that work also.
Thanks Olin
Water pump doesn't sit any higher but the lower outlet is on the right on the 69 and up where its on the left on yours so you would need a radiator. Reason I say that is because the older drivers side outlet water pumps for LA engines are getting almost impossible to get. You are also going to need a center sump oil pan and pickup since the truck engines used rear sump. Yours will work.

Larry

Thanks Larry.I am sure when I got into pulling my motor I would have seen the oil pan difference and the water pump hose difference.
Thanks Olin

-
Back