67 GT Trunk Panel ?

-

MikeStahl

Reaction score
ID question here I'm looking at this 67 dart gt and have never seen rear of the trunk with the DODGE letters and just the GT Badge.

Is this just made up or could it be ordered this way

Thanks

I could be wrong, but I always thought the GT came with the chrome trunk panels and trim. That looks to me like a fender badge has been attached to the trunk. Here is mine.

Attachments

• DSC02391.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 104
That is what I was thinking too, but if there is anyone out there that knows different give it a call out.

thanks

it isn't factory

all GT's would have the finish panel as in the 2nd picture

They are so hard & expensive to come by someone used a different deck lid with the letters or added the letters. seems to me my deck lid had the holes for the letters with black tape over them.

I have SEVERAL finish panels trying to get a GOOD one to use on my car. After so many I had the guy that painted my car come up with something better. At some point I hope to get 4 GOOD trim pieces to go above & below the finish panel and get it installed

I also thought about installing the emblem like in the picture, but paint the deck lid between the tail lights so look like a finish panel

anyone have a couple of GOOD pieces of trim I'm Interested in buying it.

thought this was the one ready, but it is one that still needs some work

View attachment finishpanel.jpg

The reason they call it a finish panel

View attachment WCP9.jpg

Doesn't look finished, kind of plain without it

it isn't factory

all GT's would have the finish panel as in the 2nd picture

They are so hard & expensive to come by someone used a different deck lid with the letters or added the letters. seems to me my deck lid had the holes for the letters with black tape over them.

I have SEVERAL finish panels trying to get a GOOD one to use on my car. After so many I had the guy that painted my car come up with something better. At some point I hope to get 4 GOOD trim pieces to go above & below the finish panel and get it installed

I also thought about installing the emblem like in the picture, but paint the deck lid between the tail lights so look like a finish panel

anyone have a couple of GOOD pieces of trim I'm Interested in buying it.

thought this was the one ready, but it is one that still needs some work

View attachment 214538

The reason they call it a finish panel

View attachment 214539

Doesn't look finished, kind of plain without it

Your panel is looking pretty good Wildcat. I will keep my eyes open for some trim pieces.

Actually the deck lid's were all the same. They all came drilled for the DODGE letters on them, and if it was a GT the Trim panel was put over it.

Actually the deck lid's were all the same. They all came drilled for the DODGE letters on them, and if it was a GT the Trim panel was put over it.

Thanks for that info, I had a 67 GT and it was drilled for the DODGE and I was wondering if the trunk had been changed. Good Stuff THANKS!

-
Back