67 Plymouth Valiant Signet 2Dr Sedan with 273 & A/C

-
Since I am off work now thanks to a truck rear ending me I am taking the shell back apart to prep it for painting for a second time and getting it running thanks to KrazyKuda. I really hate having to take it back apart but it needs to be done. We will have faith it will run today :)

It's alive! It runs real nice thanks to KK's tuning. I have a few leaks to work on and need to top off the rans fluid before I can drive it.I'll have to post a video since I couldn't up load it here. I also had another NOS tail light assy show up.

Break in time :)
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlcinz9X54M"]Picture 3086 - YouTube[/ame]

All dialed in thanks to Karl :).
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqpZrZdmNRk&feature=youtu.be"]Picture 3088 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9PLkNA5gWw&feature=youtu.be"]VID 20151206 150808 - YouTube[/ame]

In the precess of tearing the body back apart due to bad choices in people I picked to do work on my car. I had to buy new front and back gaskets and headliner because the glass guy used the wrong sealer and we had to cut up my new gaskets to get the glass out. He also didn't cut the hole in the headliner for the light and I cut the wrong spot twice. I have to get the whole shell redone again. The first guy didn't do the seam sealer right in the drip rail so I had to cut it all back out. Getting the glue and sealant off the window area and trunk seal area is a PITA. I will not buy autozone wheel cylinders anymore. I did all of the brakes last year and the DS wheel is dripping fluid so I ordered some Wagner stuff from RockAuto. I bought the headliner from "StockInteriors.com" because a member recommended them. I'll post pics or video later of my deconstruction. But at least it runs and drives which it hasn't done in 3 years.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ5lPwzx6H8&feature=youtu.be"]YouTube[/ame]

I sure do admire the attention to detail on this build. Really sorry that you've had issues with some people that you paid good money to, to work on your car. I enjoy following this thread.

I'm pretty picky which will work out in the end....I hope as soon as I can find someone worthy of doing the bodywork and paint.

I think my car is happy to be getting attention. I was taking out the seam sealer in the drip rail to prime it and found this afterwards sitting on the 1/4 panel.

Attachments

• Picture 3106.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 360
  • Picture 3105.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 353
I'm going to be listing some used 67 Valiant stuff here in the next day or so.

I was finally able to get my fender tag decoded thanks to A/J FormS :). Thanks a lot!

V is Valiant
H is High price class
21 is 2 door sedan
31 and 5 indicate 273-2bbl(190hp) and torqueflite automatic
115 is the tires;700-13,qty of 5
C06 is the scheduled production date of Dec6,67
rows 2&3
A2 is axle code 402; 2.94 & 8.25diff
H6X is High trim, vinyl,black
WW1 is Paint;white upper, white lower, monotone
B Y is black upper doorframe , and possibly code 31Y gold stripe;horizontal
rows 4&5
E1 is Option Pkg 361;White Hat Special
R1 is radio code 421; MusicMaster 2 watt
S1 is heater code 411; with A/C
X1 is glass code 521;Tinted-all
rows 6&7
B4 is code 564; buckets
H7 is code 517; fender or hood mounted turn signals
J1 is code 511; map lite
T1 is code 681; oversize manual antenna
00065 is the build order sequence (It's place on the assy line)

The W/H Special was; the outside signals,wheel covers,wheel opening moldings,bumper guards,LH remote mirror,sill moldings, and Vinyl Roof.

The only things it didn't have was the vinyl roof and gold stripe. There were no vinyl trim holes when it was blasted.

Attachments

• Picture 125.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 311
after doing some research I found out that I am the 3rd owner. The kid I bought it from (who had it for a year or so) bought it from the 2nd guy who bought it used in 1975. I don't have the history from 1975 and back. That's not bad for 48 years old.

Speed Pro/TRW street series power forged pistons:

Federal Mogul/Speed Pro Piston Part Number L2316F-40

Application Power Range Special requirements
Compression information

Ring groove size

Pin diameter

Rod length

Stroke

Deck clearance

Skirt clearance

L2316F-40

Chrysler 340 V-8 - 4.080" bore (at +.040")

Flat head w/2-valve reliefs. DurOshield skirt coated piston.

1968-71 340

idle to 7000+rpm Good for street/strip or race/nitrous to 150 shot
Compression distance: 1.840"

Piston head volume: -7.5cc

Approx. Compression (w/.030" bore):

w/63.0cc chambers 10.35:1

w/65.0cc 10.11:1

w/68.4cc 9.73:1

w/71.0cc 9.46:1

5/64" 5/64" 3/16" ring grooves

.984" pin diam. - pins included

Stock length rods

Press-fit or floating

Stock 3.313" stroke

-.018" deck clr

.0015" skirt clr

Attachments

• Picture 1109.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 253
(I love this build and all the care that goes into it. I also feel your every setback for it too. I've done some business with you in the past for 742 for my dart. We had a good phone call during the process. You're a straight up guy - my best for you and yours.)

Stay at it brother - Mopar all the way!

front wheel well trim

Attachments

• IMG_2171.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_2172.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_2173.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 244
I used this Crane cam. It came with the car and seems pretty peppy. I will upgrade from here with a better cam and 1.6 rockers,RPM intake and 670 carb. It has an A999 lockup OD trans so converters will be expensive.

Attachments

• Picture 3180.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 212
Chuck pm dartforforte hes got a guy whos made a cam for him was in a 273 and sounded and pulled wicked

-
Back