67 valiant headliner

-

tcp710

Reaction score
Does anyone know a good place to buy a headliner for a 67 valiant 2dr sedan?

Hi tcp710, I'm in the Victoria area and the only place I could find was Thompson's Auto Upholtery. I'm sure there's others about your area. I haven't done mine yet due to the cost (and chicken). It was depending on many factures. Straight stock like replacement 400.00 installed. If the front and rear window have to be removed (like they said mine would) :wack: . They informed me due to the rubber window seals that hold the liner in place by an inch or so (big bucks), and another thing....If your windows have never been replaced, the seals would be hard to remove without ripping apart...and they can't promise that the windows won't bust. If the rear go's to **** and cracks, you could be toast for some time. (These were the only rear windows 67-69 with about six different bends in the glass).
More then likely..this is not what you wanted to hear. Good luck.

pic4.JPG

I was actually able to remove it quite easily, and it doesn't appear that it would be too hard to reinstall. The rubber seals were still soft and pliable and were easy to move without tearing them or removing the windows.

I was hoping to find a new headliner so I could install it myself, instead of making one from scratch using the old one as a pattern.

Could you give me the contact info for that company? I will see if they have some available.

I got mine off EBay for $55 plus shipping, and you have a choice of colors. I ordered this one for my 71 Valiant (same as the Dart) It says in the add that it doesn't come with the sail panels, but it definitely does for this car. Their built in to the main headliner. I put mine in myself and DID NOT have to remove either front or rear window, you can bend the rubber down enough to tuck it under with no probs! Don't believe the guys who want to charge you to remove your windows! You do have to cut it just a bit to match the old one exactly and for the bows to fit properly. It was a bit of a task, but I got it done.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967...ryZ34206QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If the link doesn't work just type in "dart headliner" in the search box on ebay.... you can get it in a variety of colors and have a choice of perforated or not. I think other adds have it in basic black for even cheaper if that's what you want.

Good luck!

the upholstery shop can order the same pattern material from a roll and the cut it to fit. I didn't think you had to pop the glass to install the headliner. my 68 cuda doesnt need to.

Perhaps I just got some "bad" info on my headliner replacement. If a lot of you guys have replaced yours with no problems, I'm going to shop around some more. :book:

I just took out the old one, it was relatively intact, so I gave it to my upholstery guy and he is going to make me a new one.

-
Back