67 Valiant Signet Finish Panel Mounting

-

Harold Wolk

Reaction score
Happy Thursday folks! Question regarding the mounting of a Finish Panel onto a 67 Valiant Signet. From the parts book it appears that 6pcs of the clips below are to be used. I have 3pcs and plan on fabricating the other 3. My deck lid is from a non-Signet car so I don't have the holes. Below is the clip, to be used, and a photo I saved from an eBay sale that 'seems' to show the location of these clips. I've highlighted the two locations on the outer edge. Due to the access openings on the underside of the deck lid, I can't see a way to get speed nuts on the threaded studs, in these outer two locations. Does anyone have any insights or experiences? Curiously yours.
Finish Panel Clip.JPG
Trunk showing clip and medallion locations4_cir areas.jpg
Trunk w highlighted clip locations.JPG

take your outter yellow stripes and move them right to the edge
Thanks for pointing out the obvious, that I obviously couldn't see! I was thinking about looking for a person with a freakishly thin arm!! I guess in regards to dia of hole I should allow for a reasonable tolerance to allow easy alignment. Any recommendations? I really appreciate your answer above, albeit a little embarrassing!

-
Back