68’ Dart front and rear Speaker Size

-

BullyDodge

Reaction score
Am not close to the car, can anyone confirm the front and rear speaker size. Found some input here however mostly on changing to different size or kick panel options.

Going to get Tayman to convert insides and would like to install new speakers. Is the front 4” x 10” and does it have to be a low profile? Tayman’s are 3” depth and Jegs has a low profile at 1.77”. Non A/C car by the way. Is there an issue hitting the heater controls with a 3” drop? And can someone confirm the rears are 6” x 9’”s.

Thanks.

Front is 4x10

As for depth

I can measure a stock speaker tomorrow

Bad photo of a replacement speaker in the dash
20180501_151231.jpg

4 x 10 front and 6 x 9 rear. I can also measure an original 4 x 10 x 3 deep, in the center.

Last edited:
Rather than mess with that silly center of dash speaker, they sell kick panels with built in speakers, or ready to take a speaker of your choice.

From the photo, it appears the 3" drop would work. A measurement would be great. Thank you.
Stock speaker is 2.5"

PXL_20230105_204326132.jpg

The speaker as shown in the under dash photo in post 2 is aftermarket, I don't know the dimensions (replaced in the 80s)

Last edited:
When I had my radio converted , I got a whole pre-wired 4 channeled speaker set up. They make a 2 speaker replacement that fits into the orginal front speaker location. It works, can't say if it's as good as kick panel speakers, but everything looks factory orginal.

There was a member here that sold a plate so you put 2--maybe 3 inch round speakers in the center speaker spot.
I have one in mine plus the kick panel speakers both sides. Makes too much noise to worry about rear speakers.

There was a member here that sold a plate so you put 2--maybe 3 inch round speakers in the center speaker spot.
I have one in mine plus the kick panel speakers both sides. Makes too much noise to worry about rear speakers.
Do you happen to know who that member might’ve been? I am trying to find a speaker for my dash but with the air-conditioning controls it needs to be a low profile speaker. The retro sound speakers I bought are too deep and interfere with the vacuum pod.

-
Back