68 383, 4spd Cuda value???

-

triggerfish

Reaction score

How rare & desireable would a 68 red,all original matching 3's, 383, 4spd Formula S fastback Cuda be? I've been mostly focusing on B bodies (69 R/T SE Charger), but recently aquired the above mentioned Cuda & its in need of a resto. Is it worth sinking a lot of $$ into? Thanks.

nope not worth it at all you should pay me to come haul it off.

Joking,

Yes that would be worth it to build it back to its former glory.

May as well ask here vs starting a new note.

I am kicking around the idea of selling my 67 GTS. It's got a freshly rebuilt 383, b5 blue new paint, complete new white interior, and has little to no rust. It's still got 95% of the factory undercoating.

It needs some finishing, brakes, minor interior stuff.

What are these going for these days?

67GTS said:
May as well ask here vs starting a new note.

I am kicking around the idea of selling my 67 GTS. It's got a freshly rebuilt 383, b5 blue new paint, complete new white interior, and has little to no rust. It's still got 95% of the factory undercoating.

It needs some finishing, brakes, minor interior stuff.

What are these going for these days?

It depends on the quality of the work, the overall condition of the car, the location of the car and a willing buyer. People love to figure what their car is worth based on some elses car. The fact is, these cars are over 30 years old and I have yet to see two in the same condition. Every car has value, and each value is unique.

You're so right. The quality of the resto is a major factor in value. Rarity, how original, documentation, history all play a part, too. The E-body craze is still going strong & the 68-69 Charger R/T & six pack cars are skyrocketing in value. But the A-body performance cars like the cudas & Dart GTS are moving up. A few weeks ago in Vegas, my bro's 69 Charger R/T Super Trac Pac 4spd, took first in b-body modified. A guy offered him $160K there & then another went to the resto shop & offered $200K! I'm not bragging here, just illlustrating the fact that the quality of the resto is huge. Both your Darts should keep increasing, especially the original big blocks. Best of luck.

-
Back