68 a body blue kick panels... how many blue shades are there?

-

ph23vo

Reaction score
i have seen only one set of blue kick panels that are un painted or not chalky and they are in my car... i think they are 70 and later however..how many blue shades are there? anyone have early and late blues to compare? thanks

Going to follow this as I'm running into the same questions. Seems as if parts that are aged turn a dark turquoise color? I got some samples from legendary to see what the new material would actually look like and it definitely doesn't match the old molded plastic parts. Wonder if there's a correct interior dye for those?

I contacted Gary's steering wheel restoration and he claims he can dye them but I'm curious to how that will hold up?

Btw I'm working on a 71 demon with a B7 blue interior. Also found out that the standard steering wheel for these ran from 71-74 so I'm guessing the same blue ran up until then?

They are painted the interior color of your car. Mine for example is B-7. I got a spray can of B-7 from a vendor and put two coats of paint of them.
This is a simple one.

I have never seen factory kick panels painted, I believe they are molded in the appropriate trim color, but I may be wrong as no expert.
Not sure how many shades of blue there are, but here are pics of kick panel from my 68 Fastback Barracuda, light blue interior (H5B trim code).
Hope they help.

IMG_1594.JPG
IMG_1597.JPG

they are not painted... those look to be the same color as mine.. i think there is only one shade for kick panels depending on it colors of course.. 1 shade for green int...regardless if light or dark..blue same etc..

mine had speakers in them and were very chalky..tossed em when i found the ones in it now... i think the are 1970...will have one off soon i will take pics and such

Parts catalog not much help when I looked. I would think maybe two shades for blue, light and dark, but I don’t know. My light blue ones would look weird with dark blue interior.

I HAVE ONLY SEEN DARK BLUE IN 67 OLDER CARS... WILL HAVE TO PAY ATTENTION BETTER AT SHOWS I GUESS.. MINE LOOK LIKE SAME SHADE AS YOURS.. WHITE/BLUE INT

001.JPG

thanks..here is a pic of my pass side i had out today,,,its dated 73 but is exactly the same blue..so now we know.. mine is first pic..other one if pic from above.. they are exact!...my reverse lights work now after putting the harness back in.. only 35 yrs .... lol

003.JPG

011.JPG

Interesting that yours has the "1402" number below the seven digit part number.
I found reference to 1402 in my 68 parts manual, but not the actual seven digit number.
Curious, what's the exterior color on your car?
I need to repaint mine and I'm thinking of changing it to Jamican Blue. Right now it Frost Blue Metallic.
Or maybe Pearl White.

-
Back