`68 B`cuda 4 sale // Long Island, N.Y.

-
After I posted this message I got to thinking about this car. My car is a cosmetic nightmare. This one *looks good* in the ad. It's for sale about 20 mintutes from my house. I call the guy up since he listed his number in the auction. This car needs exactly what I have thats good on my car. Arizona car..... Rust free.....Recent paint.....I could have a good looking running car in less than a month..... No body shop issues to deal with on my car..... My wife is encouraging me to go look at it.... She's encouraging me to go BUY it..... I'm actually believing this car is going to come home with me. Well, I just got back from looking at it....

Wow........ this thing was poorly re-painted with a quick coat of Re-Sale Red that had approx: 75 rust bubbles all over the car. L/F fender, hood, R/R quarter, roof, and both doors. You could press against the bubble and it would go away for a few seonds, then pop bach up. I had visions of power shifting into 2nd. gear as the paint flaked off like fresh snow..... It had bondo everywhere including on the roof, plus it needed eveything inside from the headliner to the carpet. Both rear quarters were "repaired" by Mongo the Apeman, and it smelled bad. All for $4,000 I could have had this nightmare in my driveway this evening.

I think I'll stay home and flush $50 bills down the toilet.... probably be less of a financial strain.:|

Oh well......

Did the owner have a 50 foot viewing limit :D

I've run into a few of those over the years. Re-Sale red... Haven't heard that in a while lol :) Good to hear your staying with the one yah have. Save those fiddys!

Don't feel bad you only drove 20 minutes.

I drove over 6 hrs. 1 way and seen the samething man i don't know where people can tell you about a car that doesn't even come close to what they are trying to sell?

TheAutoholic said:
hmmm, no thanks.. but I did live on long Island. West Islip in fact. How is it there?

Probably the same, if not worst. Insane traffic.....Insane property taxes..... Police are cracking down and fining everyone for the most petty things....

Actually, now that I think about it I should move too.....disgust

cars have a nasty habbit of rusting on L.I. My car was pretty solid when I moved there. Not so 2 years later when I moved back.

-
Back