-
Status
Not open for further replies.

69GT

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Contact seller
I have two A-body thumb wheel AM/FM radios to sell. One is from a 68 Barracuda (on the left in the picture) and one is from a 68 Dart. I don't know if they work or not so I would go on the assumption that they don't. Here is what I can tell you about them.

On the Barracuda radio, the preset station buttons all work but the thumb wheel station adjustment does not. The AM/FM selector works as it should. The wiring is all there but the speaker wires have had a little of the coating shaved off where someone evidently tapped into them for an additional speaker.

On the Dart radio, the preset station buttons work and the thumb wheel station adjuster works dialing to the right as it should but slips when dialing to the left. The AM/FM selector works as it should. Both the power wires and the speaker wires have been cut and spliced back together. This radio also has the bracket on the back that attaches to the dash frame.

I was planning on listing the radios on Ebay as I don't really know what to ask for them. But before I do, I thought I would offer them here first so if interested, please make an offer. I will try to bench test them this weekend if I can find a speaker to hook them up to. Also, I have more pictures I can send if necessary.

Attachments

• MVC-062S.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 358
  • Barracuda radio 1.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 370
  • Dart radio 1.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 370
Would be a good idea to research some old threads on these radio's.You have some rare pieces bud.

A working knob style A Body AM-FM can fetch $200 to as much as $300. Thumb wheels being pretty rare, will fetch much more.

sent from my iPhone

A working knob style A Body AM-FM can fetch $200 to as much as $300. Thumb wheels being pretty rare, will fetch much more.

sent from my iPhone

It's all about condition. It you have to send them out to get fixed, that's is not going to be cheep.

The guy(my friend???) who I bought my GTS from took the WORKING am/fm radio out of my car and I just saw it for sale on ebay. It sold for $400. It should have come with the car he ripped me off basically. He wouldn't sell it back to me. Pissed.

Yeah, sure would be nice to have a working AM/FM thumbwheel radio. I need one for my 68 fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back