68 Barracuda - Blue Interior

-

440brew

Reaction score
I recently found out my 68 Barracuda is supposed to have blue interior. However the previous owner spray painted it all black. Can anyone show me their 68 blue interior photos so I can see what it is supposed to look like and what is blue and what may have orginally been black.

no, I dont know the code. Legendary calls it "light metallic blue".

Anyway at this point I am just more curious to see what it looks like.

When I tried to decode my fender tag, I found out that the code just means "blue", it wasn't specific. But I had several people tell me that my car was a B5-Blue interior.

I've been repainting all the interior metal on my 68 Dart. I just went to the local automotive paint supply store and got some B5 Blue basecoat mixed and put into spray cans, then I used a 2KClear called Spraymax thats also in a spraycan.
This works pretty well and I'm very happy with my results.

First pic is of my interior before I did anything to it, everything was blue, although there were several different shades of blue.

other pics are of some of the stuff I've repainted with the base/clear in spray cans.
One pic shows a piece thats been freshly painted, compaired to the door that hadn't been painted yet. dont know if the B5 is darker, or if the original paint was just faded that much.
Last pic is of one of the doors after new paint

Good luck !

Attachments

• interior.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 165
  • S5002527.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 153
  • S5002644.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 151
Thanks MileHigh! That looks like the blue on some of the interior I have.

I imagine blue for Plymouth and Dodge is pretty similar!

By the way - I am in Fort Collins!

looks just like the part of my interior that is still hanging on! im thinking of blue interior, with white seats and a two tone blue and white candy fleck for outside.

-
Back