68 Barracuda Bumpers ?

-

DTK

Reaction score
Any one have a source for finding repro bumpers? Or good used ones?

Gawd this switch to Mopig is driving me nuts. No parts repro for hardly a damn thing. I have built countless Fords and Chevy's. You can build an entire car from parts that are available for them. The lack of availablity sucks. No wonder I waited this long to build a Mopar.

Could be a lot worse... you could be restoring an AMC. :tongue9:

H22A4 said:
Could be a lot worse... you could be restoring an AMC. :tongue9:

Hey I have some pride. Never owed an AMC. But if I did. It would be easier, they are part Ford Part Chevy Part god knows what else. :pukeleft:

You need to start picking up Mopar Collectors Guide. Everyone that repro's or sells parts for mopars advertises in that magazine.

67-69 Barracuda bumpers should not be hard to come by. Bumper Boyz will have them and there is several other places that will see rechromed one too.

dgc333 said:
You need to start picking up Mopar Collectors Guide. Everyone that repro's or sells parts for mopars advertises in that magazine.

67-69 Barracuda bumpers should not be hard to come by. Bumper Boyz will have them and there is several other places that will see rechromed one too.
thanks for the sugestion.

and btw i found a whole back cuda trunk trim piece and tail lights for $50 :thumbup: woo yeah its not perfect but way better then the piece i have on mine :thumbup:

One thing I will add is the front and rear bumpers are the exact same parts. And they are the same all three years '67-'69. Some cars had optional bumper guards but that will be the only difference. So this will be one of the easier parts to come by. I have heard a lot of good things about:

http://www.tricityplating.com/

340sFastback said:
One thing I will add is the front and rear bumpers are the exact same parts. And they are the same all three years '67-'69. Some cars had optional bumper guards but that will be the only difference. So this will be one of the easier parts to come by. I have heard a lot of good things about:

http://www.tricityplating.com/

Wait a sec, you are saying the front and rear bumper are the same thing? As in you could take a rear bumper and put it on the front? :sign6:

Yep,
that is exactly what he is saying. The front and rear bumpers are interchangeable.
Rod

DTK said:
Wait a sec, you are saying the front and rear bumper are the same thing? As in you could take a rear bumper and put it on the front? :sign6:

Yes, its hard to believe but its true. Makes the bumpers much easier to find plus they were the same part all three years ('67-'69).

-
Back