68 barracuda fastback rear glass installation

-

MODTOP-Billy

Reaction score
OK real dumb question..

Can the rear glass on a fastback be reinstalled 100% from the top side?
this car has massive tubs and a monkey bar cage in it with a X brace.
I am debating on going with Lexan and using rivet's part for that race car look.
and part because I am fretting installing that glass and trim.

I am doing the final fit and trim on the back interior panels before removal and paint.
It is so easy reaching thru that big back window. Then the wife asked how you going to put this trim back
when the glass is in? hum? hum? do you think you can..... NO I cant CAME OUT QUICK!

Anyone else install a rear glass into a fastback that is caged I have seen them before.
The wife says she aint crawling back into that back area again LOL
Grandson is smart but only 3.

I have a new seal and a clean glass. am I going to have to somehow get up in there,
and install the trim from the inside.
I have not really thought about but thinking more about it now.
Rear glass is months away, but it is something I do not have a path forward on.

Thank you in advance for any help.

PROMODREARGLASS.jpg

I've never owned a fastback Barracuda of my own, but have worked on a couple; so forgive any ignorance I may show...
But can't you just put in the window seal, install the rear interior trim, and then install the glass and lockstrip? even if you had to leave the interior trim somewhat loose to let the gasket move around a little, you should be able to finish tightening it after the glass installation is complete.

Rear glass and rubber are installed from the outside. Stainless trim clips go in first, then rubber, then glass, then stainless. You will need to give up on your idea of quick access. Sorry. Interior trim is independent of this.

Thanks Murray I understand that once the glass is in the easy access is gone. I am thinking like Professor Fate stated I can place all the interior trim loose in place, then install the glass. then tighten up and adjust the trim? Problem is I am older and fatter than I was when I started this car 20 years ago. That X bar is hard to get around.
I started the car as a pro street deal and when I sold it my buddy went more pure drag, so I am tugging between the 2, barely street legal or a sportsman drag car.

-
Back