68 Barracuda FB S clone

-
Very nice - That color really looks great!!

Converting from A904 to A833. Did the tunnel install last week.

The tunnel was purchased from Brewers Performance which I found to have the best price and shipping here down under (Keisler's suck, on top of the attitude I got from sales staff when I asked them to quote me USPS instead of $200 odd for UPS they dont tell u that the tunnel hump they sell - same as all the others available I think - is for 75 A body and requires additional fabrication to close the gap at the rear). Brewers are up front about the additional fabrication required with the hump install and were happy to ship as I requested. Guess it's always better to stick to a mopar specific company!

After cutting the floor pan, applying some weld through coating and spot welding in the hump I got under the car and folded the floor pan up to meet the tunnel hump and then used sealer all around, so I had a nice clean and watertight fit. Cant wait to get the A833!

CIMG1019WEB.JPG

CIMG1023WEB.JPG

CIMG1030WEB.JPG

CIMG1031WEB.JPG

CIMG1020WEB.JPG

great work, the dash looks a treat and its so true what you said about service.
I'll happily pay a couple of extra bucks if someone is prepared to spend the time to help me with my enquiry. The funny thing is that those are usually the places that are the best price anyway. Keep it up.

Thanks. It's a custom mix, coarse metal flake, medium blue with no red tinter so it doesn't reflect purple under certain light (I hate purple), probably close to B5 blue.

Haven't posted progress information or pics on here for ages, thought I might update things. Since I started this thread in December 2008 plans have changed somewhat (don't they always during a lengthy build?). Engine started as 360, but now in process of having 408 stroker built, roller cam block, 11.1 compression. Started with RMD right hand dash, but ended up making my own aluminium dash to replicate a more factory look. Picked up an 8 3/4 and had the housing shortened, new axles and 1/2 inch spring relocation kit from Dr Diff, new 11 x 2.5 inch drum brakes. Interior and exterior mostly finished except for 4 speed manual console top plate and re-chroming the bumpers.

I moved from Sydney (a city of over 4 million, beachside location) to Alice Springs (pop. 28,000, in the middle of outback Australia) 6 months ago and had to leave the 'cuda back in Sydney. Fortunately a friend of a friend has a workshop and is into Mopars (has a 70 hemi Challenger himself) and I was able to leave the car with him to finish the engine build. But it's been torture not seeing or being able to work on the car, particularly after all the work I've done on it so far and now it'll be finished by someone else.

Just some random pics, beginning with the 'cuda being towed to its new location. I hope to be more diligent in keeping progress poster here, I enjoy seeing other's cars coming together and it's nice to have a record of the build.

CIMG1914.jpg

At its new home, pending completion of 408 build. In second pic note re-located oil filter on inner fender, running lines directly into the block to create more clearance for right hand rack and pinion steering shaft and headers.

CIMG1920WEB.JPG

CIMG1921WEB.jpg

The second (or maybe third) dash I've had in the car. This one I made myself from aluminium. Still not quite happy with it will probably get the whole thing chromed and then detailed with black wrinkle powdercoat, leaving the "barrels' in chrome similar to the original style dash. will also get rid of those red switch covers, a little out of place I think.

101020091178.jpg

Random pics of new block partially re-assembled. H beam rods, forged pistons, cast crank. Been buying lots of goodies, sent directly to a mate of mine back in Sydney (he took these pics) so unfortunately I dont get to see or play with them before install...lol

090420101671.jpg

090420101674.jpg

090420101675.jpg

150420101699.jpg

150420101700.jpg

-
Back