-
Status
Not open for further replies.

cudagirl383

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I purchased this car almost 10 years ago with the intentions of restoring it although plans never materialized and my interests are being pulled elsewhere. I would love for someone to take this car and give it a new life. I have created a website for this car with over 150 pictures and information. If interested please ask any questions as well as visit the photo site
http://68barracudaformulas383.shutterfly.com/
I am asking $11,000 and willing to consider comparable offers. This car was originally the dark forest green color with black interior. It is an authentic Formula S 383 car with fender tag. It does NOT have a transmission or bell housing (both were missing when I purchased the car). The engine was rebuilt when I purchased it but has never been installed back into the car.

Any other questions you may have I will answer to the best of my knowledge.
Thank you.

Probably need a more specific location then Idaho
Nice pictures though, good luck with the sale!

I can't afford that but to anybody browsing, look at the pictures. This car comes with a TON of good looking parts. One of the most collectible A bodies there is. Is the motor the original?

I see the interior is 67, is there a build sheet for this car or is it gone to the past?

Can you post a picture of the Fender Tag I didn't see it in the photo album.

Any additional rust in floors, frame, rockers etc. I notice the transmission mount has a piece of the upper support with it, was that cut out of this car or from a another?

Is there anything else known missing other than what you stated above? (bell/trans?) shifter, rods anything? It does appear mostly complete..

Thanks,
John

Thanks for your questions John, I will do my best to answer the best I can.

First, the car has gone through absolutely ZERO changes since I purchased the car. I do not have a copy of the build sheet, not sure of its' whereabouts. I do know that I did not receive it from the previous owner nor have I found it.

Second, the interior. I know that the two front bucket seats are not original to the car. I thought the back bench was original to the car (came to me with it in it) but upon further investigation it looks like you are correct, it seems to belong to a 67. Although it is in very good shape.

Third, I can certainly post a picture of the fender tag. The tag is not attached to the car, but matches the VIN on the dash, I have it in my paperwork for the car and will take a picture of it and post ASAP.

Fourth, there does not appear to be any rust anywhere else in the car. I have lifted the carpet and see nothing of the sort. The car seems to be solid underneath. When I initially purchased the car I had the individual look at who was going to be the one to do the body work. Based on his inspection he did not mention anything else on the car that seemed to be of concern beyond what is shown in the photos.

Fifth, the transmission mount. On this issue I am not sure. The car is currently in storage in Missoula, MT and my fiance is going there tonight or tomorrow to take additional pictures that people have requested. I have asked him to check on the upper support and take pictures. I will update with pics and info when I hear back from him. I do know that the person I bought the car from had wanted to install an automatic in it for some reason.

Lastly, I do not know of anything else that is missing from the car besides the bell housing and trans. I don't have the shifter but I do believe the linkage is shown in the photos in a box. Again, this is to the best of my knowledge. I believe in being as forth coming as possible.

Please let me know any other pictures you may want as I will have them taken tonight or tomorrow.

Thank you very much for the questions and interest.

Jessica

I purchased this car almost 10 years ago with the intentions of restoring it although plans never materialized and my interests are being pulled elsewhere. I would love for someone to take this car and give it a new life. I have created a website for this car with over 150 pictures and information. If interested please ask any questions as well as visit the photo site
http://68barracudaformulas383.shutterfly.com/
I am asking $9,800 and willing to consider comparable offers. This car was originally the dark forest green color with black interior. It is an authentic Formula S 383 car with fender tag. It does NOT have a transmission or bell housing (both were missing when I purchased the car). The engine was rebuilt when I purchased it but has never been installed back into the car.

Any other questions you may have I will answer to the best of my knowledge.
Thank you

ADDITIONAL INFO:

Thanks for your questions John, I will do my best to answer the best I can.

First, the car has gone through absolutely ZERO changes since I purchased the car. I do not have a copy of the build sheet, not sure of its' whereabouts. I do know that I did not receive it from the previous owner nor have I found it.

Second, the interior. I know that the two front bucket seats are not original to the car. I thought the back bench was original to the car (came to me with it in it) but upon further investigation it looks like you are correct, it seems to belong to a 67. Although it is in very good shape.

Third, I can certainly post a picture of the fender tag. The tag is not attached to the car, but matches the VIN on the dash, I have it in my paperwork for the car and will take a picture of it and post ASAP.

Fourth, there does not appear to be any rust anywhere else in the car. I have lifted the carpet and see nothing of the sort. The car seems to be solid underneath. When I initially purchased the car I had the individual look at who was going to be the one to do the body work. Based on his inspection he did not mention anything else on the car that seemed to be of concern beyond what is shown in the photos.

Fifth, the transmission mount. On this issue I am not sure. The car is currently in storage in Missoula, MT and my fiance is going there tonight or tomorrow to take additional pictures that people have requested. I have asked him to check on the upper support and take pictures. I will update with pics and info when I hear back from him. I do know that the person I bought the car from had wanted to install an automatic in it for some reason.

Lastly, I do not know of anything else that is missing from the car besides the bell housing and trans. I don't have the shifter but I do believe the linkage is shown in the photos in a box. Again, this is to the best of my knowledge. I believe in being as forth coming as possible.

Please let me know any other pictures you may want as I will have them taken tonight or tomorrow.

Thank you very much for the questions and interest.

Attachments

• 0710031424.JPG
    4.7 KB · Views: 552
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back