-
Status
Not open for further replies.

68 CUDA FORMULA S

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Contact seller
So the release lever for my rear fold down seat back in my 68 Barracuda was on the very sloppy side, so I took the seat apart to see why. I found the release rod was bent, the nylon grommet was not in the correct hole, and the lever return spring is broken. Has anyone ever seen these re-popped or might someone have a good one they would like to sell, it really doesn't look like it will be a big deal to make but if it's available I would rather just buy one. The rod is no issue I just straitened it out and it is fine.
Thanks
Bob

IMG_3750.JPG

IMG_3751.JPG

The spring is inside the seat. The rear panel has to come off behind the carpeted back, flip the panel over and the spring is between the release lever and the panel, there is a bolt that holds the lever in place to the panel and it is under the lever.

IMG_3752.JPG

IMG_3753.JPG

IMG_3754.JPG

IMG_3755.JPG

Last edited:
Put an extension spring in its place. I drilled holes to mount it to the lever & metal panel.

Hey Geoff don't bother looking for that rear seat back release lever spring. I went to the local hardware store and bought some music wire and made my own, it works great. I put a 15/16" bolt in the vice and used the threads as a guide to bend the wire around it and it looked just like the original. Thanks to all who tried to help, here are a few pictures in case someone else needs to make one.
Thanks again
Bob

IMG_3761.JPG

IMG_3756.JPG

IMG_3757.JPG

IMG_3758.JPG

IMG_3759.JPG

IMG_3760.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back