68 Barracuda red wheel liners

-

joe willie

68LedZepBarracuda
Reaction score
I'm new to FABO would be intrested in talking with any members that might own red wheel well cars ! Trying to find out how rare . If there are any production #'s . Any possibility in finding some ? Is there a registry for them ? Thanks for any info !

There was a set for sale on here recently at sucker's price...

I'm pretty sure that "set" was both rears and two right side fronts for some stupid price. they were pretty hammered to boot

i bought a set for my 68 fastback two years ago when i was finishing the car because i did the car to match the car on the 68 barracuda sales literature. i looked for about 6 months back then before i found a set. yes they are rare, and yes they are expensive. i won't say how much i paid for my set because of all the "funny" comments i'm sure i would get here on FABO, but i don't intend on ever selling my car so the cost was not a factor. for some odd reason, there were more mopars sold out west (oklahoma, oregon) than in the eastern states. wisconsin and minnisotta also seem to have a lot of old plymouths. if you're looking for a set, i'd start in those states. and yes, there was a set here on FABO about a month ago. i would try looking back through all the "general discussion" posts to see if the guy's post is still here.

if you do find a set, be VERY careful when you install them!! they are made out of a very old formulation plastic which had a tendency to dry out and become very brittle with age. on the very first one i started installing, i quickly realized how brittle they were so i heated them up with a hair dryer before final attachment in the fender wells. they do appear to fit pretty well without any major modifications.

as to price... i paid $2500 for 4 of them. if you could find a decent set for $1500 or less for 4 that would probably be a good deal. remember, the front ones are different from the back so make sure you get 2 fronts and 2 backs.

I'm new to FABO would be intrested in talking with any members that might own red wheel well cars ! Trying to find out how rare . If there are any production #'s . Any possibility in finding some ? Is there a registry for them ? Thanks for any info !
i bought a set for my 68 fastback two years ago when i was finishing the car because i did the car to match the car on the 68 barracuda sales literature. i looked for about 6 months back then before i found a set. yes they are rare, and yes they are expensive. i won't say how much i paid for my set because of all the "funny" comments i'm sure i would get here on FABO, but i don't intend on ever selling my car so the cost was not a factor. for some odd reason, there were more mopars sold out west (oklahoma, oregon) than in the eastern states. wisconsin and minnisotta also seem to have a lot of old plymouths. if you're looking for a set, i'd start in those states. and yes, there was a set here on FABO about a month ago. i would try looking back through all the "general discussion" posts to see if the guy's post is still here.

if you do find a set, be VERY careful when you install them!! they are made out of a very old formulation plastic which had a tendency to dry out and become very brittle with age. on the very first one i started installing, i quickly realized how brittle they were so i heated them up with a hair dryer before final attachment in the fender wells. they do appear to fit pretty well without any major modifications.

as to price... i paid $2500 for 4 of them. if you could find a decent set for $1500 or less for 4 that would probably be a good deal. remember, the front ones are different from the back so make sure you get 2 fronts and 2 backs.
thanks for the advice and information jimharvard ! My car is out of Texas supposedly? It is completely rust free and still wears most of its original paint however it is bad and it has several parking lot wounds . But is overall pretty straight and doesn't appear to have been wrecked ! I plan to restore it in the next year or 2 ! It's a 318 904 auto notchback . Thanks again for advice.

-
Back