68 Barracuda replacement quarter panels?

-

eschroeder1

A-body Freak
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I need to replace the quarter panels on my 68 barracuda fastback. Where do I get the best quality quarter panels and are there any tricks of the trade to putting them on (i.e. best place to place the seam, etc.). Also, does anyone know where I can get a front clip for a 68 barracuda?

Eric

I believe all the aftermarket quarters come from the same factory. I would shop for the best price and shipping. Shipping will be cheaper to a business address.
There's no really good place to splice them in. I would probably cut the original panel a couple of inches below the top edge. I believe the a/m quarters go up to the top.
I've done Challengers and am getting ready to do a Dart Sport but don't have hands-on experience with an a-body 'cuda.
You will probably have to piece together your front clip.
Dallas
missourimopar.com

Dallas is on the right track with his info. The panels are made by a company in Taiwan called Legion. Goodmark imports them and everyone sells them. Look into cost including shipping (that really runs up the price and can be the deciding factor). Along with the regualr resto places check in to your local auto body supply places the body shops get thier repop fenders and stuff from. Most are Goodmark dealers and may be willing to order the panels you need in on a general stocking order saving you the freight costs.

The quality of the panels are ok (what choice do we have really) but are very friendly(they:wav: at everyone) so you will have some work to do on them once they are installed. Try and only use what you have to but definitely keep the upper body lines as the ones on the repops are not as sharp. You can look in my garage photos and see where I rough cut the original quarters off mine swooping under the upper body lines.

-
Back