68 Barracuda springs and shocks

-

Joker13

Reaction score
Replacing leaf springs and rear shocks for first time on this car. Bilstein shocks and most likely ESPO springs.

I have been browsing the threads here for pointers and came across a couple, such as cutting off Us and properly torquing them. Anything I should be aware of before doing this on my driveway?

Thanks

Hey Joker,.... Did you ever get your new springs and shocks put in. Curious what you decided on and how it turned out. I just put new Bilsteins on and my whole front end is rebuilt. Considering replacing rear leafs, as they are only part that hasn't been replaced. Just curious what you ended up choosing and how it worked out.

Hey Joker,.... Did you ever get your new springs and shocks put in. Curious what you decided on and how it turned out. I just put new Bilsteins on and my whole front end is rebuilt. Considering replacing rear leafs, as they are only part that hasn't been replaced. Just curious what you ended up choosing and how it worked out.
Hey-- well I changed course and decided to do the front end first. I have just ordered a rebuild kit and also going to do brakes all around. Then, rear suspension. Have you done any work on yours?

I got mine together and it tighted things up quite a bit, but there is still a lot of slop in the steering wheel. I bought a Firm Feel 20:1 manual steering box and getting ready to put it in.

Just found a small antifreeze leak at the back of my passenger side head. Looks like I will be digging into that to see if it is a head gasket or what it is.

-
Back