'68 barracuda street/strip 415

-

'68cuda416

Reaction score
Hello everyone, just thought I would share my barracuda as I have finally after a couple years of working on it gotten it to the strip and also been cruising around on it. I LOVE my car, it's one of the few things that really makes me happy and I get tons of thumbs up and nods of approval. Anyway a little about it, I bought it as a roller and my father and I installed an Indy 415 engine, a Pro Trans 904, a Strange S-60 from Doctor Diff with Wilwoods on all 4 corners. To date it has run a best of 6.74 at 100.78 in the 1/8th with a 1.46 60 foot time. I think there is room for improvement on both ends of the track and am gonna make some changes this week. I have only raced it for the last 4 weekends so I'm just getting used to the car and still very green at drag racing in general, lol. Here are some pictures of the car and I hope some of you enjoy them and maybe it will inspire others, thanks.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Beautiful car:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you, still working on the interior and the wiring as to why it's tore apart in the back, but that will be a winter time project. I have new carpet to go in it and the rear seat is recovered like the fronts and does fit in with the roll bar and will be going in as well.

Wow, nice car! Looks fast and is fast. Very sharp!
Thank you very much, it's been a lot of work and money but it's in its initial final stages, lol. I have never had more fun in my life than when I'm cruising or racing.

Here is a video from a couple weeks ago at the track
Thank you very much, it's been a lot of work and money but it's in its initial final stages, lol. I have never had more fun in my life than when I'm cruising or racing.
Does anyone on this forum go up to US36 raceway in Cameron Missouri? I would be interested in meeting other members if you do.

Very nice car! Your video did not post though, always enjoy watching Cuda's go fast.

Very nice car! Your video did not post though, always enjoy watching Cuda's go fast.
It wouldn't let me load the video right from my phone like it did the pictures. Maybe I will load it to YouTube first and then retry.

Time to go home and throw rocks at my car.
The car is pretty nice but FAR from
perfect, I mean there's plenty of paint chips and the paint job itself which was done before I bought it is really only driver quality but I'm ok with it as I do drive it as much as I can and race it every weekend the weather is good. Do you have any pictures of your car?

Good looking car that runs real well. Nice engine compartment

Good looking car that runs real well. Nice engine compartment
Thank you, I really appreciate the compliment especially coming from you. I will let you know the results of the changes you said to make after I run it Saturday.

Awesome car! Look forward to seeing it at Tulsa. Our cars run about the same exact 1/8th mile too.

Awesome car! Look forward to seeing it at Tulsa. Our cars run about the same exact 1/8th mile too.
Thanks, your car is very nice too and you have put some real good parts on it as of late too which I will have to check out. Yeah they run real close, should be fun, hope the turnout is good.

Nice car! thanks for the pic's and video. good luck up in Tulsa.

-
Back