68 Barracuda Trunk Cleanup.

-

1968FormulaS340

Reaction score
68 Barracuda Trunk Cleanup.

Total investment, about $25.

Several months ago I did some clean up on my trunk. Even on a low milage car it had assorted scratches and dirt. Fortunately rust is not an issue.

Although I have not finished this gives a good Idea what you can do for a very small investment.

I still need to get new hole plugs and reconnect all the wires. I also need to remove the tail light assemblies to so I can paint that area.

I had some body color paint mixed and put in spray cans (the color is washed out by the camera flash). Used the spray can primer they recommended and the rest was just cleaning and scuffing.

The trunk carpet is something that has been in the car for about 35 years. I should have hit it with the vacuum.

The jack spring is wrong but I don't feel like spending $10 for the correct one.

DSC00471.jpg

DSC00475.jpg

DSC00476.jpg

DSC00478.jpg

DSC00479.jpg

looking clean! nice work on budget $$. did carpet come in this area of the car? mine (which just arrived) has a standard type (which is in rough shape)

We did a thread on my trunk carpet and what we came up with is that it is custom or some dealer accessory.

The carpet is an exact fit and fully finished on the edges. It is the only one I have ever seen and matches the carpet of the interior.

-
Back