68 barracuda window felt WARNING!!

-

Tony Barracuda

Reaction score
I ordered new window felts from RPUI in January. Their website said they had them in stock (everyone else said out of stock) so I placed the order. I waited a couple of weeks but they did not arrive, so I called customer service and they said I should have them in a few weeks. They finally arrived on April 12th. I noticed the outer felts were too short. They were 27 1/2 inches long but that should have been the measurement for the inside only. So I called them back to let them know they were incorrect. They told me to send some pictures so I did. After reviewing the pics they said that their manufacturing department said they were the correct length. So I sent them a pic of DMT (Which is a great and awesome company to deal with) and it clearly showed that the outer ones are longer than the inner ones. They still denied the discrepancy in length and claimed that what I got was correct. Just a heads up to everyone this company doesn’t know what they are doing and their customer service is poor. Here is a pic of the felts

IMG_1276.jpeg

IMG_1270.jpeg

IMG_0965.png

I have ordered items from DMT & will continue to do so. I am sticking with them for everything they have, that I will need. Good company, good parts.
Sometimes you have to pay more for good quality pieces. I have never delt with RPUI (PUI) but have never heard good things about the company either.

They finally said they would return them but not shipping either way. Never again! Classic Industries is real good I return seat foams after 2 months and they covered shipping both ways.

I ordered a set through Restoration Parts and Materials. They shipped from Quirey. I had a door apart, so I've only used two pieces. They fit perfectly. I've heard of difficulty fitting the quarter window pieces, so I haven't tried yet.

This was the best price, but it took a full month from order to receipt just a few weeks ago.
1968 Barracuda Fastback Window Felts, (Beltline, Fuzzies, Catwhiskers)

I checked with DMT because these are what they sell, but they were out of stock. It's still showing that.

Yea I think I’ll wait on them. How was the quality and did u get 2 long and 2 short for front windows ?
Its crazy even after I showed them proof they still denied they were in the wrong !

Yea I think I’ll wait on them. How was the quality and did u get 2 long and 2 short for front windows ?
Its crazy even after I showed them proof they still denied they were in the wrong !

I bought mine off ebay about 12ish yrs ago , no problems , still in the car...

FYI.......I hope you do realize that there's supposed to be a little fuzzy rubber "plug" that goes in the rectangular hole just behind the exterior whisker, just under the 28 1/2" mark on your tape measure. This little fuzzy rubber plug is what the stainless piece rubs against when the window goes up and down....
1689865673286.png

This is what they look like........
1689866282537.png

Last edited:
do u guys offer them ? And the outside felt is longer than the inside correct ??? Like the pic from DMT
Yes, we have those little rubber/felt plugs, part# ME-SB73B, $16.00/pair.

The pic in your first post is correct on the window scrapers. If the outer piece was any longer, the little rubber/felt plugs would not be able to be installed....and if the outer was any longer, your stainless molding piece would be riding against the window scraper and not the felt plug

Really so the crappy set from RPUI was correct at 27 1/2 ?
it looks like DMT’s set the outside are longe.
And I didn’t know about the felt plugs !

Really so the crappy set from RPUI was correct at 27 1/2 ?.....Yes
it looks like DMT’s set the outside are longe....it would appear some companys are making the outside pieces longet to eliminate the felt/rubber plugs
And I didn’t know about the felt plugs !........don't feel bad, there's a lot of people who didn't know about those either.

Looks like the longer outside window felt just replaces the smaller felt plug. You can probably get away with either route.

Tony, yes, the Top Catwhiskers cover the spot with the rubber scraper where the plug with the fuzzy would go.
So, unless the PUI scrapers are real garbage, get Rick's pieces and enjoy the thanks of those of us who learned something.

IMG_20230720_160556265.jpg

Does anyone know where to get the rubber pieces that attach to the stainless that goes on the rear edge of the window?

-
Back