68 barracuda wiring help

-

jboyd2

68 cuda
Reaction score
I recent wire the dash on my 68 Barracuda, but I'm unsure where one of the connectors go. It is a three terminal connector that has five wires going into the back of it. It has two sets of parallel wires. The wire colors are dark green (×2), light green, white, and pink. See pictures below.

Attachments

• 20150620_190258.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 235
  • 20150614_202836.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 226
  • 20150613_003153.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 232
Sounds like the Emergency flasher switch plug to me. I have a 1969 Barracuda, and the wire colors on mine are pinkish (might have been red at one time) 2 green ones going into the same place, one white one and one that is sort of a light tanish-green color.

I'm guessing rear speaker?

4X is always a 4 wire switch

looks like heat / Air control .

See page 2 in this attachment.

Sorry wrong wire colors. Plus it's hanging above it in the photo. I'm stumped. YOU SURE that is the wiring colors?

What options (any) the car have?

You say "rewire dash" is this the original harness? Different year?

Thought so too, but colors are AFU

Agreed!

But there is light green and looks like 2 dark green.

Third wire should be (2) tan if it is blower.

Picture is not the best.

Rear speaker would only be a 2 wire plug, and delay would have orange in it and seems to be in the first picture shown. Like some else mentioned it could be custom made to replace an original.

It does not appear familiar to me. Best is to run a continuity test. It has to go somewhere, whether its out the to the turn signal switch,front bulkhead, or the rear light harness.

What part of the harness is it pigtailed out of? I cannot tell from the photos

Door switch connector for interior lights?
Multiple wires on the same terminal usually means it continues to something else related. (like the dome light maybe)

Thanks for the responses. I have attached some better pictures of the actual wires. The one wire is tan, instead of pink. This is part of the same harness that goes to the ac/heater controls and blower motor. Yes, this is a stock harness with no special options that i know of. The car was stripped of all the interior when i started so i may be missing something that i don't know of yet.

Attachments

• 20150621_150354.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 183
  • 20150621_150334.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 186
If we don't figure it out, I'll end up ohming the connections to try to find where it goes.

1969383s thanks for the schematics, these will be a great help. I agree, this looks like the heater/ac blower switch. I don't recall seeing terminals to match this connector on the heater/ac controls. I'll be pulling the dash back off in a couple of weeks to check.

1969383s thanks for the schematics, these will be a great help. I agree, this looks like the heater/ac blower switch. I don't recall seeing terminals to match this connector on the heater/ac controls. I'll be pulling the dash back off in a couple of weeks to check.

If you find some issues with the drawings please send a PM so I can correct them. The factory drawings are the only thing I re-Do and they have errors and so does my work! Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Good luck going forward!

I don't think so. It branches off the harness that runs to the blower and heater/ac controls.

check your build sheet to see if you have the light package. i do on my '68. i believe then that you might have found the connection for a light delay, controlling lights in the seat wells.

Finally got around to checking out this wiring. The harness in this car has connections for an ac car and non ac car. Therefore there will be two unused connectors. One for the blower control and one for the blower motor resistor. My car is an ac car so I should have had the white connector plugged into the blower motor speed control. Thanks to you all for your input.

I have a brand new harness and I don't see a connector like that with those color wires on mine at all....

-
Back