DaveRS23

KOS
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
2015-03-31%2015.18.58_zps7l0zog7v.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Not your usual '68 Dart SS clone. 650 RWHP on pump gas, fully auto 727, 3.91 SG. Excellent driver.

As the linked photo gallery shows, everything about this car is extraordinarily well done. But the engine may be the most unique feature. It is a 504" Stage 3 Keith Black block with fully-ported raised-exhaust port blower heads, originally built by Dick Landy Industries, and repaired/refreshed by them in 1996.

It sat in its original shipping crate until 2010, when we purchased it for this build. We had to make a lot of mods to the engine's cooling passages to get it to cool on the street. We also installed a smaller cam (spec'd by Rich Nedbal), slowed the blower down, and removed the alcohol Dominators in favor of gasoline 950s. The rest of the engine is exactly as it left DLI.

This car is set up mainly as a driver. It idles good at 850 RPM, but pulls strong to 7,000. With a shift-kitted auto valve body and A&A governor, it drives good with no banging, but would be faster with a manual valve body that would let it use its full range. As it sets, with a little traction, this car will easily run in the 10s.

Interested parties will have a ton more questions, which I can answer. This is just a quick overview. Dozens more pics at: http://s73.photobucket.com/user/DaveRS23/slideshow/68 Dart photo shoot

$59,500 OBO Certain trades considered

Benton IL 62812 USA

Interested in a trade:
Chuck & Linda Merken’s 62- 413 Max Wedge Dodge Dart

1962 Dodge Dart 413 Max Wedge Clone

Max Wedges dominated drag racing during the early to Mid-1960’s. The fact that they are still competitive in Super Stock classes more than 40 years after their introduction is impressive.

Arguably the 62 Dodge Max Wedge Dart’ appeal is that they were the fastest cars of their day, but, by most accounts, they didn't look the part. Some people find them downright ugly, some Dodge dealers refused to buy them. Their outward appearance is Plain-Jane; no stripes, no badging. There is no tip-off to distinguish a Max Wedge from Grandma's slant-six grocery-getter. But make no mistake; Max Wedges can embarrass a brand-new Viper. They are fully capable of 12-second quarter mile times in stock trim. That's fast enough to pick off most motorcycles.

• Complete rotisserie every nut and bolt 1962 Dodge Dart 413 Max Wedge.

• Original hood, fenders, doors, trunk lid, original interior floors.

• Radio delete, antenna delete, backup light delete, lighter, carpet delete but redone with carpet long with Dyna-mat throughout the doors, floors and back seat.

• 413 bored .030 over, crank turned .010, ported and shaved close chamber heads, new intake, 650 Edelbrock carbs , 440 Whiplash premium cam SMC3245BL, 1106 springs, 5001 lifters, 6427 timing chain and gaskets.

• 457HP 475FPT

• HD distributor drive, electronic ignition, correct 3 inch manifolds, OEM exhaust with cut outs, new Hemi fuel pump with extra vapor fuel line, new fuel lines, gas tank and sender, 65 push button trans with slip yoke complete rebuild with HD flex plate and 2500 stall.

• Rebuild driveshaft, 65 8 3/4 large brakes, Posi 3.23 Suregrip, new front end parts, brakes, adjustable valve, dual master cylinder, new brake lines and hoses and shocks.

• Re-chromed bumpers, delete plates.

• Painted PPG Black with PPG base coat clear coat.

• Interior professionally done with SMS material, ACC carpet, original door panels , new headliner.

• Correct 10,000 RPM Mopar tachometer .

• New windshield, weather stripping, felt and rubber all windows

• Dome light, speedo, gas gauge, amp gauge, tach, brake lights turn signals, wipers and heater, new heater core and 68 New C-body 3 core radiator, trans cooler, SW gauges pro tuned and front end aligned. Undercarriage completely detailed.

• Go to YouTube cut and paste this link for complete photos:

[ame]https://youtu.be/YAmR0r-Ejb4[/ame]

Thank you for the offer, but I just don't have the place to keep such nice cars-either yours or mine. Darned mice are a real problem. Plus I don't get to drive them often enough. I had 3 Mopars, just sold one, looking forward to selling the Dart, and am in the middle of building a Hemi for my 70 Cuda that I will keep and, hopefully, drive the wheels off of.

Again, thank you for the offer, but I must pass.
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back