68 cuda 6.1 radiator

-

6.1cuda68

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm building a 68 Barracuda with a new 6.1 hemi and a manual trans. I need some suggestions or help on what radiator to use. Something that fits and takes into account the house locations for the 6.1. Any body have any ideas or experience with this ? Thanks.

You can go aftermarket, or have yours redone at a local shop. Then get an electric fan.

Hey Guys, I'm building a 68 Barracuda with a new 6.1 hemi and a manual trans. I need some suggestions or help on what radiator to use. Something that fits and takes into account the house locations for the 6.1. Any body have any ideas or experience with this ? Thanks.

Yes sir, I just test fitted the 2004 Hemi Ram truck radiator into the same car. $137 at www.RockAuto.com .

It only requires the trimming of the lip of the frame at the core support directly where the radiator sits. That is not a critical structural piece and should not be an issue. Sorry no pics and I can't find any online to show. Look at where your radiator sits and look straight across to the frame. That little lip that sticks out is what I am talking about.

BTW, this is based on a truck timing cover. If not, the hose locations have to be dealt with.

I bought mine from Dave Weber at http://modernmuscle.biz/ it's a Northern unit. Came with the shroud and electric fan, decent price too

I got it without brackets so it could be mounted where I wanted.

-
Back