The corner of my trunk lid sticks up.
The other side is fine.....

Is this common....easy adjustment?

Thanks

Attachments

• Trunk.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 160
Jump on it :blob:

Lol no seriously dont do that, does the trunk rubber seem pretty neutral?
Also you may be able to tweak the hinge by pressing down on the corner,
Can't remember if the trunk is adjustable or not.

Just be carefull looks like your pretty flush on the edges, if you move that corner or side down youll have to adjust the latch up a tad.

Jump on it :blob:

Lol no seriously dont do that, does the trunk rubber seem pretty neutral?
Also you may be able to tweak the hinge by pressing down on the corner,
Can't remember if the trunk is adjustable or not.

Just be carefull looks like your pretty flush on the edges, if you move that corner or side down youll have to adjust the latch up a tad.

LOL.....BMFH huh ?!!!

The weatherstripping is all new.....I just bought the car 3 weeks ago and it was already like this.

I was hoping it was an adjustment on the hinge or something.....I don't really want to try to bend it!

LOL.....BMFH huh ?!!!

The weatherstripping is all new.....I just bought the car 3 weeks ago and it was already like this.

I was hoping it was an adjustment on the hinge or something.....I don't really want to try to bend it!

Try loosening the hinge bolts on the trunk and see if you can tap it down with your hand

Each side has 2 bolts. Loosen the forward bolt and slightly loosen the other. You can then lower the deck. Mark your washers before moving for reference. Slowly close lid and check fit. It doesn't take much adjustment to move the deck.

Mderoy 340 is right. I just finished putting my 68 FB together a while back. There is quite a bit of adjustment in the trunk lid. It may take some time and patience. Also, an assistant is nice.

Awesome. ...thanks guys.

I know what I'm tinkering with this weekend! !!!!

It might be easiest to seek some assistance, climb into the trunk, loosen the bolts as suggested, have assistant push down on corner to align and then re-tighten the bolts. You may get lucky on the first try!

It might be easiest to seek some assistance, climb into the trunk, loosen the bolts as suggested, have assistant push down on corner to align and then re-tighten the bolts. You may get lucky on the first try!

This is what I did on my fastback. Worked great.

Make sure your assistant has the key to let you out.

-
Back