68 dart 440

-
thanks, the seats are corbeau sport seats, just uncovered because its cheaper and we got our own material for it

thanks, the seats are corbeau sport seats, just uncovered because its cheaper and we got our own material for it

I checked out he corbeau web site,the uncovered seats are real affordable. It looks like your using the corbeau seat tracks?. do they fit well, can you reach everthing?
Thanks Richard

Ya, we are using the tracks too. I actually had to cut the sides and move them in for a better fit. Because the driveshaft tunnel is off set, it wasn't allowing the brackets to sit in good.I'll get some pics when i get out of school later.

Thanks all.

EP87- The driver seat fits in fine. For the passenger we had to cut the outside bracket and bring it in. We did the same on both ends of the bracket. It didn't affect anything on the bracket or seat and everything is reachable. Maybe you would have to do this maybe you wouldn't, every car is different.
This is the driverside
100_03361.jpg

This is now the passenger side
100_03371.jpg

Wasn't originally going to do this, but doing anything other than polishing them would be the lazy way out. Started sanding them and a lot more sanding to do, and then some more sanding.
100_03611.jpg

100_03621.jpg

100_03641.jpg

Geez why dont ya go for something a little more flashy .. lol....

dang thats looking real slick. Nice work.

-RPM

Great project. It will be a real attention getter, especially after you pop the hood.

little update. car is out to final body work and paint finally. I've been slackin with getting the intakes done, but the carbs came in and we had to make all the linkage. so got it all made and pretty much what its going to be.
100_03881.jpg

100_03911.jpg

100_03901.jpg

Looks great. Did you hit the lottery or something?

I love the long rams, but...you are going to have some seriopus issues with feul draw in those carbs sticking out like that, I suspect that you will be running super rich at cruise rpm because the airflow will suck the fuel out of the idle circuits. You need to run a couple of scoops.

We got our other dart in the garage and started working on the center council, its gonna be fiberglass then painted the color of the car with the speakers on each side. Man is it nice working on the inside of a car when its convertible. Heres the first steps.
100_04421.jpg

100_04431.jpg

100_04471.jpg

100_04461.jpg

100_04441.jpg

Heres a few pics of the council, we switched up the front cause the round look just wasn't looking good. Also added an arm rest/storage compartment.
100_04481.jpg

100_04491.jpg

I would LOVE to get some specifics on the dash. I am looking to do the same with my Dart, and Duster. Thanks!

j

i can give you the specs tomorrow, the only thing is it might be a little different for every car cause im using different front seats and a different shifter, but everything else should be the same i guess.

-
Back