68 Dart big block Hemi S/S clone

-

Mopar318Guy

bear jew
Reaction score
not gonna be an actual Hemi car. but will be a big block 400. auto trans. 9 1/4 rear with 3.91s. gonna try Schumachers headers and mount kit. will be making the body look like the 68 Hemi S/S car. cut 1/4s. 295s on the rear. buckets. maybe a roll cage depends on what it can do. tubs being made soon. well see what happens. ill post pics on everything i do. body work one of these days. any help at all would be appreciated. thanks

Pete

If you're going to do it, do it right. Dont screw up a good car and quite on it in the middle of the project. Consider the cost. Get you an authentic manual on that car and go for broke. I agree, the hemi can wait but save for one for the future. I have two candidates that will someday make the change. I'll watch the thread and i hope you do it like it deserves to be done. Let me know if you need any good advice on the build. Where are you located?
Small Block

im in West Virginia. and im gonna build it the way a 60s greaser would do. wit the materials i have. beef up the frame and the suspension. tubs. making it the way i want with no manuals or do it right or wrong concept. the way i see fit as safe and as durable as it can get. i expect this car to do 130 or 140. so im not gonna make it a death trap that will fall apart.

I'm seeing where your headed. Not trying to force you to protect your investment, merely suggesting. There must be lots of money in WV. Not so here in Missouri. I have to consider the investment versus the outcome. I wont bother you with stupid questions like "Would you be interested in a set of LO23 aluminum seat brackets" Good luck and we'll be watching.
Small Block

i mean i could go out and buy tubs. and all the interior pieces to make it look like a lo23 hemi car. but thats not my plan. nice interior with racing buckets. oe replacement panels and carpet. but custom dash and gauge cluster, steering wheel. custom supsension and paint. all the good stuff. aint gonna give it a show class paint job. im afraid of making it look too good to drive. and scratching it. so itl stay black and grey primer thru its life.

Mopar318Guy, I realize this is an old post from over 18 mths ago, but has any progress been made on converting the body to a hemi clone? I'm looking at doing the same thing with a 68 or 69. I just want the body from the outside to look like a hemi clone with the quarters cut and could care less for seat brackets, pull up windows and such. I'm looking at having a street legal/strip car.

-
Back