68 dart convert

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
All right I know this is a bump but I found out what these are called I think Year one has them listed a " Convertable Beltline Transition Moldings " but they don't have them anymore so anyone know where I can get a pair ?

If your still looking for your piece it's ok to bump, says me. Do you have a pic to post so we may be able to better help you? Is it metal or is it a vinyl strip? Good luck

I need a pic' I think I have one but gotta dig for it.post a pic and I'll git ta diggin for you,I'm not gonna be useing it.

sorry guys but we don't have any pics because we don't have a pair to photograph this was a hardtop my friend has cut the top off , as well as adding a 6.1 HEMI and a 5 speed , so I am going off the description year one has online and they are metal -Stainless I think but maybe chrome ? , they cover the edge between the rear quarter window and the back deck , they have a hogleg piece that connects to the belt mold and they join the ends of the rear deck molding - they also hold the snaps for the convertable top boot

Check with "The Paddock".I think thats how they spell it.

sorry guys but we don't have any pics because we don't have a pair to photograph this was a hardtop my friend has cut the top off , as well as adding a 6.1 HEMI and a 5 speed , so I am going off the description year one has online and they are metal -Stainless I think but maybe chrome ? , they cover the edge between the rear quarter window and the back deck , they have a hogleg piece that connects to the belt mold and they join the ends of the rear deck molding - they also hold the snaps for the convertable top boot

The piece you are referring to is stainless with the 'snaps' on it. The rear corner piece and the front piece are a chromed cast metal of some type, potmetal, I guess. I'll try to send you a pic of the ones on my car in a couple of days. Then you can post them here. I should part my car out but I just can't bring myself to do it yet.
Dallas

The piece you are referring to is stainless with the 'snaps' on it. The rear corner piece and the front piece are a chromed cast metal of some type, potmetal, I guess. I'll try to send you a pic of the ones on my car in a couple of days. Then you can post them here. I should part my car out but I just can't bring myself to do it yet.
Dallas
yes you should lol you can probably just send it all to pete one piece at a time thats who needs these , I don't really know how to post pics here yet so if you do feel free to post them directly otherwise I'll get one of the mods to teach me - thanks Dallas

it is stainless, corner pieces are chromed diecast

Toptrim.JPG

The springs for the trunk are convertible only, if you are using the stock top frame you may need more parts, unless you had a convertible donor car

send me email if you need pictures or info. I have pictures of mine completely apart

to post picture use paper clip above text box

Toptrim.JPG

yes you should lol you can probably just send it all to pete one piece at a time thats who needs these , I don't really know how to post pics here yet so if you do feel free to post them directly otherwise I'll get one of the mods to teach me - thanks Dallas

I took several pics today but I forgot to bring my camera to the house. I'll try to figure out how to resize them this weekend and post a couple. I'll just email them to you otherwise.
My stainless pieces are really nice. You won't believe how they could be so nice when you see the rest of the car. LOL
I'd sell it to Peter one piece at a time but it would take so long my labor to take the parts off and ship them would be worth more than the parts. :-D
Later,
Dallas

Thanks Dallas , I know you've spoken to Peter but did he tell you about himself ? I bet there's something you could use for your cars { we all need something eh? } and he has been on the mechanical side of these cars for 40 years so I'm sure you 2 could find something to horse trade on just a thought
good day eh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back