68' DART Fender Turn Signals and Brake Power Booster

-

mydart270

myDart270
Reaction score
hi all:

my restoration is in progress and I hope to have my 1968 Dodge Dart 270 on the road in the Spring. Its a pretty 2DR H/T w/ S-6 and all original. Here are my questions.

My build sheet says fender mounted turn signals (t/s) but my car has no t/s mounted on the fenders. All the DARTS I have seen (std and 270 models) have the t/s on the fenders and they look sharp. Why doesn't my car have these installed??

Also the build sheet says no pwr booster installed yet my car has one installed. Its a "botched" up mess as I think its an add-on. There is no bracket between the booster flanges and the firewall per shop manual. Where can I get an original? I also need the bracket plus braces. Does the booster really help??? What color were they originally

Thanks all. Great forum. Long live MOPAR and Darts

Does your car have a trunk light? How about a map light or an ignition key light or a glove box light? All those lights(including the fender mount turn signals) were part of the "light group" package. They weren't available separately. It was an all or nothing deal. If you car has those other lights, then it would have originally come with the fender lights.

-
Back