68 DART FLASHER SWITCH

-

MORRISSEY

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a new Emergency flash switch (in DASH one)?

I assume your switch is similar to the switch in my 1969 Barracuda. I am pretty good with Mopar electric systems. In fact, I wrote a free lance article that Mopar Muscle published a few years ago. My switch was not working properly either. Believe it or not, they can usually be easily repaired. Assuming your switch is not physically broken (i.e. the lever moves and there are no broken parts visible), try this. Take the switch apart by carefully bending up the little tabs that hold it together. Mark it somehow first, so it can't go back together wrong. Carefully take it apart holding it upright (that way it is less likely for parts to fall out. Most likely there are dirty conacts inside. My switch had a sliding piece with copper contacts. Clean everything up, hit all the contacts with some 400 or 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper, add a dab of di-electric grease, put back together and bend tabs down. I bet it works; it did for me. If not (and if 1969 Barracuda switches are the same) I happen to have an extra from a 69 Cuda I parted out recently (bought it for the 4-spd setup).

thats what i did on my 68 in dash one and it works better than the one in my 71 dart.... and its the newer in colum style.... so just CAREFULLY take it apart and clean it... should work great after that...

-
Back