68 Dart GT Trans Question

-

Mad Dart

Nothing to see Here!
Reaction score
I may be purchasing a 68 Dart GT I found 2 that I like so far for my intended purpose.

One has a 6 Cyl console shift with a 904 Auto. Will a 318-360 bolt directly to this transmission without modification??? I have all the parts for a 349 stroker that I would like to put in it.

Thanks in Advance.

I may be purchasing a 68 Dart GT I found 2 that I like so far for my intended purpose.

One has a 6 Cyl console shift with a 904 Auto. Will a 318-360 bolt directly to this transmission without modification??? I have all the parts for a 349 stroker that I would like to put in it.

Thanks in Advance.

This must be your first look into 318 engines. answer is no, the bellhousings are aples and oranges apart.

So the A904 is for the 6 cylinder and the A904-LA is for the V8 small block?

Which 727 trans will fit the small block LA engine?? Is it the A-727 for the small block and the straight 727 for the big block??

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to make things easier just use a 904 that came behind a sm blk. the 727 is not needed at your hp level. the 904 will let yuo motor produce more horse power via much lighter internal components.

Mad, no matter what the tranny is, the bellhousings are different from /6 to V8. In order to install the 318 you'll need a small block 904 or 727 tranny. Hope this helps.

I kind of thought that the S6 904's were obviously different from the LA's as in the shape of the bellhousing (starter way up high). And since there were never any 904 big blocks (that I know of..) it shouldn't be too hard to find an LA 904. Shoot, Pick-A-Part should have some floating around.

-
Back