68 dart gt?

-
I believe if you check the vin tag and under interior you should see premium trim for a GT model. Really the GT models just has added chrome and finishing trim pieces. Your best bet would be a build sheet though from under the seats if it still exists.

ok i doubt the sheet is still there but it did have all chrome trim down the side, drip rails and glass.

the second digit of your VIN should be a 'P' which indicates what Dodge called Premium price class.For a 68 Dart,that's a GT model.

ok my second letter of vin is h, which when ran showed high price class, dart 270, coronet 440 class. it was built in hamtrmck det. im really trying to find more info on this car as it was my first car when i turned 15. im now 29 and still got her but im trying to restore it close to original. at least body and trim wise. thanks for the info guys. by the way that is the car in my pic, i had just gotten her home.

yes it has a fender tag but hard to read that was gonna be another question, anybody know a sure fire way to decode it. im gonna try to take it off today and read it from the backside where it was stamped. but the trim down ihe side is what made it a "GT" correct? i know it dont mean a lot but just wanted the car correct as far as body and interior. thanks to all for any help.

Yes your tags and trim do say "GT", but your fender and vin tags will tell you for sure. The Dart 270 did not have all the finishing touches on it like a GT model. And I agree with FormulaS340 that I doubt someone would waste the time to put that all on later, but you never know. Put pics of your tags and we will figure it out.

ok i got the fender tag off so i could read from backside, i dont know how to post pics but thhis is the codes on the ta,... top line looks like alphabet, second line is just large # 6 under the letter m, third line alphabet again, fourth line # 11 under R and S and 91 under W andX, fifth line, 12345678 ax trm pnt ubs
5 5 2 h4b wu5 u
lh23 31 2 57 a20153824 i hope you can uderstand this map im having a hard time reading this tag backwards and upside down lol. thank you all alot.

ok found a guy that decoded the tag it ewas a special order car with gt trim, turns out original owner who ordered the car new lives 15 milesa from me. it truly is a small world, thanks to all who helped me. now ive got to find a good body shop, lol.

-
Back