Status
Not open for further replies.

WSUTARD

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Back up for sale!
I'm ready to drop the 440 in the Coronet so the 340 will be sold!

The 340 is out of a 1968 Dart GTS. I'm not sure why it was in my Coronet as I wasn't the one who put it in. (Yes the GTS registry has been contacted)

Date stamp: 6/22/67, N
Casting Stamp: 2780930-340
EIN or VIN: 8B392511
Serial Number: DW34022450139

Rebuilt 4 years ago. Not by me.
Keith Black pistons
H Beam Rods
Forged Steel Crank
X heads (2.02 intake)
Comp Cam XE268H
Hooker Headers
Edelbrock 1406 Carb
Edelbrock Intake

Since owning the car I have replaced the cam to a higher torque grind. Replaced the head gaskets and intake gaskets and replaced the distributor. There was nothing wrong with the gaskets, I just had the engine out for some suspension work. While doing the cam change I decided to have the local machine shop look over the heads and clean them up a tad. They came back with A+ rating.

Only "issue" with the engine now is a little blow by in the form of a tad of smoke out the tailpipes under downhill deceleration. My mechanic thinks its from ring wash due to fuel draining down the cylinder walls. Also, the oil pan gasket leaks a tad.

I would advise that the next owner replace the rings and get a new carb.

The engine runs strong and has performed well for me. I just had an itch to put a 440 in the Coronet and finally pulled that trigger.

It is still in my car but wont be for long. I can do a video of startup and revving if requested.

I am keeping the AC and the Alternator.

$2800. Located in Seattle. I don't mind shipping as long as you pay for it.

Questions?

Here is a picture so as to not violate the forum rules. You can see its turquoise!
85D6C96A-19E2-40D2-AD9A-773EE6B97C35.jpeg

Cold Start

Warm Revs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back