68 Dart Leaning Right

-

DTFTH45

We Are...Penn State!
Reaction score
A question my dad and I have had for years...why does our Dart "lean" to the right? The car is family original, and it has been like this as long as we can remember. The car has the air shocks up in the picture, which helps some, but the side shots show the lean I think. I do not know if this makes a difference, but the car is a Slant 6. Thanks

View attachment DSCN8483.jpg

View attachment DSCN8480.jpg

View attachment DSCN8482.jpg

thats why they call it a slant 6...

J/K

Its possible the front right torsion bar needs a turn to level up the front.. You can see its alot lower to the tire

Need to find a smaller girlfriend/boyfriend... he/she's wearing out the spring on the right side!

Your torsion bars may not be adjusted correctly. If the left torsion bar is too high, then it will lower the right rear of the car. Adjust per factory settings, or at least make both sides the same. Yes, torsion bar adjstments can affect the alignment.

all the muscle from the leaning tower of power tweaked the spring and torsion bar on the right side . but seriously, it looks like you just need to adjust the torsion bars like was already said

-
Back