68 DART MINI TUBBED

-

Calsdart

Reaction score
I purchased a 68 Dart that has been mini tubbed and the springs moved in line with the frame rail. They used a 7 1/4 rear and added the new perches. I have a 8 3/4 from a B-Body that was under a 76 R/T ASPEN. I know the reference points for moving the perches on a B-Body rear installed in an A-body if the car has not been mini tubbed. Does anyone have any measurements that would get the b-body rear centered with the appropriate side to side clearance.

...that has been mini tubbed and the springs moved in line with the frame rail. Does anyone have any measurements that would get the b-body rear centered with the appropriate side to side clearance.
even if you get them, wouldn't you want to measure yourself to make sure it's right?

Not sure of measurements on B body housing, but my perches are 36" center to center, I cut a B body housing down to 48" overall length which if my math is right would be 6" center of perch to outside of housing. The best way to do any of this is to go get a measuring jig on Ebay, there cheap and will save you a ton of headaches. This is the one I got it in my how to article on shortening a 8 3/4 housing.

NARROW1.jpg

Which B-body rear? There are several different widths.

Shouldn't matter though, the frame rails should be in the same place. Well, plus or minus factory tolerances. And the housing is symmetric, there's no offset to one side or another with the bare housing.

Which B-body rear? There are several different widths.

Shouldn't matter though, the frame rails should be in the same place. Well, plus or minus factory tolerances. And the housing is symmetric, there's no offset to one side or another with the bare housing.
Whats the key to getting the correct spring perch location

-
Back