68 Dart Minitub with Offset shackles question

-

8Barrel

Reaction score
My car (68 Dart) is in the body shop with it's quarters cut off right now, and the wheel houses will have to be replaced anyway. I'd like to minitub the car now, but I'm not sure I want to do the 3" relocation. If I use offset shackles WITH a minitub, is there any advantage over using just offset shackles and the stock wheel well? I know the tire width will be limited by the spring location, but the minitub would have to help even with offset shackles, wouldn't it?

I apologize if this question has been covered. I tried searching and could only find questions about offset shackles without minitubbing.

Offset shackles gives you another .750" and you will be limited on tire width due to the springs, not the wheelwells. You are 1/2 way there, go for the 3" relocate and be satisfied.

No sense doing a 3" relocation unless you minitub. You might get an extra 1/4" to work with vs. the 3/4" spring kit. As mentioned, the spring is the first point of interference even with the 3/4" kit.

You can get a 275 tire under the car with the 3/4" relocation kit. You will have about 12" of well to work with. If you want to go wider, then you should do the relo/minitub.

Thanks for the advice guys. Mark, I live in the Pottstown area (Chesco side of the river), maybe I'll see you around in your Dart when the weather is nice.

-
Back